well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What do you think Warren is up to?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think Warren is up to?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
While she did hit Bernie a bit last night, she is still basically running a campaign against Bloomberg.

Is this yet another example of her poor campaign strategizing or is she just gunning for Veep at this point?

I suspect being Bernie's veep gives one a better-than-even chance at taking over at some point during a first trm.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
A scary thought to have Warren in the oval office with the sympathy for Bernie's ghost behind her.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13555 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Warren has always crusaded against the fat cats in the finance industry ever since she came onto the public scene. I thought Warren running against Bloomberg is rather true to her character.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
A scary thought to have Warren in the oval office with the sympathy for Bernie's ghost behind her.

As much as I am neither a Bernie nor a Warren fan, their scariness factor pales by comparison to the current occupant of the Oval Office.

to answer the original question...I think she's looking to the VP slot....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37897 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
Warren has always crusaded against the fat cats in the finance industry ever since she came onto the public scene. I thought Warren running against Bloomberg is rather true to her character.

IOW, yet another example of her poor campaign strategy.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
As far as I'm concerned, Warren, Buttigieg, and Klobuchar are still the best, most impressive candidates out there. None of them stands a chance, of course.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Klobuchar would have been best because she's the only Democratic candidate that doesn't have a whole swathe of the Democratic electorate that despises her. SHe's nobody's first choice but nobody hates her either.

I mean, maybe you could say that about Pete too but he has next to zero minority support. Not that Klobuchar has much, but the social conservatism of (especially older) AA voters seems to me to limit his chances.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
The saddest thing is I already find myself talking about this election in the past tense.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
quote:

I don't know about that. What Ax said rings true to me. There is no question what camp Bloomberg is in, no matter how much he tries to play to Democrats.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
It's not that I disagree with Ax, I just view it as **** strategy.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Could be. But she's not been big on strategy.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I missed it. I also don't know anything about who Sanders might pick as VP.

Having said that, She's probably emulating Sanders, attempting to demonstrate her 'progressive credentials.'

She's not my favorite candidate. I might have mentioned that.

Posts: 24719 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Have a primary ballot on the table.
Put it on the wall.
Blindfold myself.
Throw dart.

Where is Dukakis when we need him? Big Grin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
I just heard that B S is coming to MA to get votes away from warren, Fr and Sat. Instead of staying down south.

You haven't got a chance for my vote, B S.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
quote:

I don't know about that. What Ax said rings true to me. There is no question what camp Bloomberg is in, no matter how much he tries to play to Democrats.

Are you saying Bloomberg is a Republican? /Rhetorical question

Posts: 24719 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post