well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Speech was terrible
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speech was terrible
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
No copays for people who get sick? What about the uninsured and those with big deductibles.

Delayed tax day? Lots of people get refunds.

Small business loans? It’s still a loan. And small businesses are still going to lay people off.

How about showing leadership and telling the federal government to institute telework?

Much too little, much too late.

And I swear to god, I will lose my #$&# if there is a bailout of airlines, hotels and cruises.

Let em declare bankruptcy so their investors take the hit.

Cindy — who will be teleworking for the foreseeable future

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
And I swear to god, I will lose my #$&# if there is a bailout of airlines, hotels and cruises.

Never mind those guys. The shale oil industry, in the form of one of Trump’s buddies, lost some money in the latest trade war.

This will require immediate action.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Expected very little.
Less than expected.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25710 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Pretty typical of speeches he is forced to make.

I have no confidence that the Fed can manage this at all.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:

Never mind those guys. The shale oil industry, in the form of one of Trump’s buddies, lost some money in the latest trade war.

This will require immediate action.

Never mind those guys? HE OWNS HOTELS. What do you imagine he cares about the most?

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Coal miners? Confused

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Reviews are in.

quote:
One of Obama’s top foreign policy advisers, Ben Rhodes, described the president’s speech and his handling of the crisis as a “dystopian nightmare”.

“Republican leaders knew better. They knew this man was not at all up to this job, and yet they've supported him, defended him, literally voted to keep him in office despite that knowledge. And now here we are in this dystopian nightmare, without a mature adult to run the country,” he said.

quote:
The Democratic Party’s top leaders, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, criticised the president for not taking action to stop the spread of the virus within US borders.

“We have a public health crisis in this country and the best way to keep the American people safe and ensure their economic security is for the president to focus on fighting the spread of the coronavirus itself. Alarmingly, the president did not say how the administration will address the lack of coronavirus testing kits throughout the United States,” they said in a joint statement.

quote:
Anthony Scaramucci, who briefly served as White House director of communications in the Trump administration, said that the president “looked like a scared, sedated puppy who just got neutered.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news...alse&fdhead=intl30ip

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Interesting how the Europe travel ban exempts the United Kingdom....where Trump (I'm sure completely by coincidence) owns a golf course.

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Lisa -- look here:

http://well-temperedforum.grou...0004433/m/5623999397

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
Anthony Scaramucci, who briefly served as White House director of communications in the Trump administration, said that the president “looked like a scared, sedated puppy who just got neutered.”
Why couldn't the Mooch have been so forthright about I-1 when we *was* White House Director of Communications?

Oh, because, he wouldn't have lasted in that position nearly as long as he did.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I guess I should probably watch it... Need to brace myself first...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18520 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I usually can't watch him, but I made myself do it last night. I thought he kept his presentation together reasonably well and I hoped that his supporters will finally start understanding that this is not just the flu.

The plan he outlined was not comprehensive, nor do portions of it make any sense.

He gets a B on presentation and a D on content. Wink

Bazootiehead-in-training

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
I guess I should probably watch it... Need to brace myself first...
A stiff drink might help.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Agreed, totally awful. And the markets agree.

Information on test availability? Job security if you need to self-quarantine? Funds for paid sick leave? Your rights as a worker if you test positive? A clear message that the virus is real (not a hoax, not a fear tactic drummed up by the Dems)? Clear advice as to what to do now (avoid travel, stay home as much as possible, yada yada)?

Nope. Nothing.

It's criminal.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
And he had no affect. Looked and sounded like he was drugged.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post