well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Pete is retired

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pete is retired
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
This is Pete. He worked for me for 15 years and Friday he retired. We had a little dinner celebration for him last night.

If you think Pete looks like Willie Nelson it is because he does, right down to the long braid you can't see in the picture.

On the right in this picture is Eric, who I started training from scratch when was 19. Pete pretty much finished his training over the last 6 years. Eric will be taking over as lead guy and has a brand-new apprentice of his own to train. He's nervous and excited but I'm not worried. He'll be fine. At some point Eric will retire and Max can take over, but it's likely I will be dead long before then.

The two bottles of Jack Daniels are pretty much all you need to know about how Pete has settled in over the last 5 years. We asked what he wanted for a retirement gift and he told us - Jack Daniels. We both know better than to get him anything other than what he asked for - he won't take it.

For is birthday I gave him some fancy commemorative Jack Daniels to jazz things up and his wife told me that he's never opened the bottle. That's not what he drinks. He drinks Jack Daniels.

The kind in the black bottle. Cool

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34982 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Pete!

ThumbsUp

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37981 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Cool

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25727 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
As an aside, the party was at Pete's favorite restaurant. It's a rather French sort of thing where they know his name and his favorite dishes. Doesn't seem like some place he'd like but he does. It's complicated.

It's a very, very good restaurant. I had lamb chops with sherry cream sauce. Have you tried sherry cream sauce? OMG.

I'd eat it on plywood. ThumbsUp

Posts: 34982 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
At least he drinks black.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13566 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
He drinks it like medicine. One shot, down the hatch and follow with Coca-cola. One per hour. No more, no less.

This guy is firmly set in his ways.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Posts: 24759 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post