well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Cuomo is running out of 18 year old stock boys and civil servants working from home....

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cuomo is running out of 18 year old stock boys and civil servants working from home....
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
So starting in a little over a week, actual high risk individuals can sign up for an appointment, even if they're not part of a politically favored group! Will miracles ever cease?

But get this, already today the earliest appointment you can make is in April.

Oh, and they lumped every conceivable health condition in a single group. So if you're an otherwise healthy 18 year old with a BMI of 30, you have the same priority as a 64 year old diabetic on chemo. Seriously! And you're probably more computer savvy so you'll likely figure out the online system before the cancer patient.

But I'm not bitter....

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
To be clear, if you're an 18 year old man of average height who weighs 205lbs, you are at the same priority as the cystic fibrosis patient on dialysis and supplemental oxygen.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing Cuomo ain't gettin' your vote next time ...

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
That's a safe bet. Unless the person running against him is named Trump.

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Ugh. I'm really sorry.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18470 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
I'm guessing Cuomo ain't gettin' your vote next time ...

Honestly I voted against him twice in 2018, ultimately for the same reason. Even in a profession full of scheming self-interested careerists with no principles, he's a standout.

So yeah, I voted first for Cynthia Nixon in the primary, then the libertarian guy in the general.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Illinois will be expanding Phase 1B of COVID-19 vaccinations to people with comorbidities and underlying conditions on Feb. 25.

quote:
This list is subject to change as guidance evolves and does not reflect an order of priority:

Cancer
Chronic Kidney Disease
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
Diabetes
Heart Condition
Immunocompromised State from a Solid Organ Transplant
Obesity
Pregnancy
Pulmonary Disease
Sickle Cell Disease

https://wgntv.com/news/coronav...ination-eligibility/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37897 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Cuomo is a creep. He axed a bunch of hospitals before the pandemic (and during?). He cut Medicaid. He can go **** himself.

Posts: 24719 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
Illinois will be expanding Phase 1B of COVID-19 vaccinations to people with comorbidities and underlying conditions on Feb. 25.

quote:
This list is subject to change as guidance evolves and does not reflect an order of priority:

Cancer
Chronic Kidney Disease
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
Diabetes
Heart Condition
Immunocompromised State from a Solid Organ Transplant
Obesity
Pregnancy
Pulmonary Disease
Sickle Cell Disease

https://wgntv.com/news/coronav...ination-eligibility/

Here, high blood pressure and asthma are considered co-morbidities.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
The City of Chicago along with the rest of Cook County will not join the rest of the State of Illinois in expanding Phase 1B eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccine.

In a joint statement, Mayor Lori Lightfoot and Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle on Thursday said that because they are not being supplied with enough vaccine doses to vaccinate residents, Chicago and the county will not expand eligibility.

Expanding eligibility would add over a million additional people to Phase 1B, making it harder for senior citizens, frontline workers and those in “heavily COVID-burdened communities” to get vaccinated, the mayor said.

“We recognize the governor must make tough choices and consider needs across this diverse state, but given the limited supply of vaccine, we must also make the tough choices as the leaders of the most populous city and county in the state,” the statement said.

https://wgntv.com/news/chicago...or-covid-19-vaccine/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37897 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Wow, sorry...I haven't been keeping up with all this.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post