well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Reviews of miniseries/TV during the lockdown
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reviews of miniseries/TV during the lockdown
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Death of 2020.

We have been binge watching vintage seasons of Survivor. There are something like 40 seasons, so you just start with the most popular. My favorite was called “Race Wars,” where there were four tribes: The blacks, the whites, the Latinos, and the Asians.

The Surgeons Cut, Episodes 1 and 3.

The Amazing Race.

Tiger King, of course.

Cindy — who has Carol Baskin Leopard print PJs

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
HBO MAX just added Gossip Girl. I imagine I’ll be watching that on the exercise bike.

Posts: 45754 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
We watched David Byrne's "American Utopia" (HBO) last night. I highly recommend it. The music and staging is amazing. He just oozes creativity.

It opened to rave reviews on Broadway just before the pandemic, then was shut down. This is a filmed version of the stage show, with a few updates. If you're a Talking Heads fan, you absolutely must try to watch.

I'm hoping to watch the West Wing reunion (HBO Max) tonight. Mr. Nina watched it a few days ago and gave it two thumbs up.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up on the West Wing reunion.

We hadn't signed up for any streaming services beyond what you get on Prime, but I wanted to watch The Crown, so I signed up for Netflix. We ended up starting to watch West Wing, but it left Netflix on Christmas Eve. I just signed up for HBOMax yesterday so we could finish up. I hadn't realized that the reunion was already available.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37960 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:

I'm hoping to watch the West Wing reunion (HBO Max) tonight. Mr. Nina watched it a few days ago and gave it two thumbs up.

We re-watched the original before we watched the staged HBO version.

Posts: 45754 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
We watched all seasons of Seinfeld. Martha had seen them but loved seeing again. I had never seen it. Hard to imagine anything more entertaining.

Currently in the middle of Arrested Development. Loved Schitt’s Creek and Queens Gambit.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Ah, the joy of discovering Seinfeld. Now you understand all of the cultural references.

Festivus for the rest of us.

Master of your domain.

Man hands.

Close talker.

Sponge worthy.

There are so many.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kluurs:
Virgin River is excellent, at least the first year. A nurse practitioner goes from LA to a small town in the Pacific Northwest. Good story lines and interesting characters. A
I liked the first season, not so thrilled with the second.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Am I REALLY the only one to be enamoured of Outlander? Confused

Well, at least, I'm rejoicing that SEASON four is about to be streamed...

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Our guilty Netflix pleasure has been working our way through the many seasons of "Heartland"... It has us thinking of taking a "horsey vacation" some time in the future when vacations are safer again!

How are you watching this? We can't find it (we do not have cable, just internet tv)

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21352 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Think it’s on Amazon Prime.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:

My wife is crazy about Outlander. I liked the first few episodes and then got bored.

If you like Outlander you may like Bridgerton. Not my thing at all but Sharon is looking forward to season 2.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:

I liked the books better than show, but I did watch the show. I’m currently listening to the first audiobook while I knit a Scottish kep (cap) in stranded colorwork. The reader, Davina Porter, is excellent.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post