well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Special for RP

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Special for RP
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
We discussed cleaning stainless a while back and I suggested using Windex - which is what I’ve always used. I’ve since learned that Windex can make some grades of stainless rust.

This is what I use now and it works better than Windex ever did:

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I've been using a cleaner in a spray can, but can't remember the name. It seems to work on some steels better than others! I'll post it here when I go looking for it.

Somewhere I read that this is because stainless can be made of different alloys that clean differently.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
This is the stainless cleaner I've been using. Stainless Steel Magic.

I bought it at Home Despot, but notice now they are carrying the Weiman you recommended.

By the way, once you recommended some product for my 110-year-old worn, scuffed wooden staircase. Do you recall what that was?

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
If they’re a walnut-looking color then Old English works pretty well. Might take a few applications.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post