well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    For those who hang out in the desert

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those who hang out in the desert
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
How to Remove Cactus Spines (Including Ones Stuck in Your Throat)

Experts weigh in on a prickly predicament.

https://getpocket.com/explore/...source=pocket-newtab

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37953 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
In NM you really have to be careful of the cholla when hiking. They're easy to miss as you walk with your arms swinging a bit and ... wham, a hand smacks into one. No fun. And prickly pear spines really irritate. I've got all sort of spiky things on my property, and they're actually really beautiful.

This pair (Echinocereus Triglochidiatus) live under a juniper near the house. [I can never figure out how to shrink these FB images ... grrrr]

Posts: 12541 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I saved a copy to my PC and uploaded/resized the image to postimages.org. I don't know of any other way to do it.

Gardening in NM looks like dangerous business....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37953 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I garden on the inside of my coyote fence. On the outside, nature reigns supreme! I do, however, like wandering on the property to see what's growing. I just walk around carefully! We do have a variety of yuccas and agaves and cactuses of all sorts, ground hugging and treelike.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post