well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Georgia to re-open businesses?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Georgia to re-open businesses?
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted
https://www.citylab.com/equity...-coronavirus/610321/

"Some Democratic lawmakers in Georgia worry that the governor’s real priority in reopening its service economy is flattening the curve of public benefits. “The first thing that came to my mind when Governor Kemp relaxed the shelter-in-place order was: What happens to people who are currently on unemployment?” says Georgia House Representative Dar’shun Kendrick, who represents the state’s 93rd district. “What happens if they fear for their safety and don’t want to go back to work?”"

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Amazon has announced that warehouse workers who don't want to return, for fear of infection, need to request a leave of absence.

I don't think you get unemployment for a leave of absence.

Work or risk death.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
You don't. And this is exactly why firms have requested immunity from lawsuits from their employees over this.

Posts: 12538 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
You don't. And this is exactly why firms have requested immunity from lawsuits from their employees over this.

Well THAT is just not fair.

--------------------------------
The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post