well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Russia’s Plan for Ukraine

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Russia’s Plan for Ukraine
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted

Posts: 45741 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
That reads like a copy and paste job from The Final Solution.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Hard to fathom that kind of hatred.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13555 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
And we thought the mobile crematoria were for hiding Russian casualties from the public.

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
On a more hopeful note ...

Unconfirmed reports ...

Ukraine may have taken out a Russian frigate with a cruise missile.

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
just horrific. i wish we could stealth bomb the kremlin and putin to smithereens?

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Insanity.

I'm just wondering who is writing this stuff and what they really believe.

Also, who is reading it and whether they swallow it.

Who is the intended audience? (US?)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Russia has just issued a genocide handbook for its war on Ukraine. The Russian official press agency "RIA Novosti" published last Sunday an explicit program for the complete elimination of the Ukrainian nation as such. It is still available for viewing, and has now been translated several times into English.

As I have been saying since the war began, "denazification" in official Russian usage just means the destruction of the Ukrainian state and nation. A "Nazi," as the genocide manual explains, is simply a human being who self-identifies as Ukrainian. According to the handbook, the establishment of a Ukrainian state thirty years ago was the "nazification of Ukraine." Indeed "any attempt to build such a state" has to be a "Nazi" act. Ukrainians are "Nazis" because they fail to accept "the necessity that the people support Russia." Ukrainians should suffer for believing that they exist as a separate people; only this can lead to the "redemption of guilt."

For anyone still out there who believes that Putin's Russia opposes the extreme right in Ukraine or anywhere else, the genocide program is a chance to reconsider. Putin's Russian regime talks of “Nazis” not because it opposes the extreme right, which it most certainly does not, but as a rhetorical device to justify unprovoked war and genocidal policies. Putin’s regime is the extreme right. It is the world center of fascism. It supports fascists and extreme-right authoritarians around the world. In traducing the meaning of words like "Nazi," Putin and his propagandists are creating more rhetorical and political space for fascists in Russia and elsewhere.

https://snyder.substack.com/p/...ost&utm_medium=email

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Holy!

Remember when Left and Right were so much clearer in meaning?

Extreme Left meant (really) Marxist while now it is represented by the two most totalitarian states in the world - China and Russia.

It's as if Right and Left were flipped in meaning between East and West.

But then again, things are so crazy that in today's world, our Right is supporting the Right in Russia. I just can't figure it out. (Will they also support China before long?)

While the two erstwhile Communist states run their countries radically different from what Marx advocated. My Chinese friend says medical care isn't even covered by the state there, and here we have Putin who is a fan of Russian Orthodoxy.

I guess both totalitarian leaders really want to return to their countries' glory days when both were ruled by Emperors - their ideal for themselves.

Turkey too for that matter, with their Erdogan who would like to return to the Ottoman Empire (and who has built himself a presidential palace more glamorous than Versailles. I still can't figure out how they keep Ataturk's image on their currency and postage stamps, while Erdogan's wife dons a Muslim scarf - something Ataturk utterly forbade, along with virtually banning Islam altogether.

Ataturk completely rid the country of the major Islam holidays, deliberately playing up the Gregorian New Year as the country's major annual holiday. His whole ideal was for Turkey to join Europe - from adopting a Latin alphabet to replace the Arabic one (the main reason most of the country was illiterate - only managed by a special class of "Kyatips" or professional scribes, the only ones who could read the Arabic alphabet).

In the USA, meanwhile, I remain infuriated that the GOP continues to claim Abraham Lincoln as their heroic leader when anyone with sense knows he would never have identified as a modern Republican (along with the traditionally Southern Dems who are really Republicans).

I'd be thrilled with a candidate like Eisenhower running for pres - per policies, an extreme liberal (he'd be labelled a Commie by today's GOP).

Don't think any country today (apart from Scandinavian?) deserves to claim to be a democracy, thanks to the corrupt manipulation of electioneering via professional election managing (often those pros work for both sides!). Besides which outcomes are cheated via gerrymandering, the abused Electoral College and campaigning by manipulation of voter rights.

I think almost worldwide we now have two parties - pro and anti -totalitarian, all faking being a democracy. "Funny" (not funny) that elections everywhere are really some iteration of Media dominated fake democracy. I suspect (perhaps because of more limited education and even brain damage from lead and other toxic influences), people really favor autocratic leaders. An outgrowth of nationalism (big in China and Russia, increasing in large numbers in the USA too.)

We need a complete revamping of terminology to distinguish the former Left and Right. I'm wondering why it's not in the works. If (G-d forbid) Trump wins next time - with lots of help from shared campaign manipulation - I can easily see a tripartite alliance between three "emperors" - Chi, Putin and Putin (or whoever replaces them) supporting each other.

Another example of the too accurate prophecy of Orwell.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
National security adviser Jake Sullivan said Sunday that the war crimes committed by Russian forces in Ukraine were part of President Vladimir Putin’s master plan for the invasion.

“We, in fact, before the war began, declassified intelligence and presented it,” Sullivan said on ABC’s “This Week,” “indicating that there was a plan from the highest levels of the Russian government to target civilians who oppose the invasion, to cause violence against them, to organize efforts to brutalize them in order to try to terrorize the population and subjugate it. So this is something that was planned.”

quote:
“The images that we’ve seen out of Bucha and other cities have been tragic, they’ve been horrifying,” Sullivan told host Jonathan Karl. “They’ve been downright shocking, but they have not been surprising.”

Sullivan did say that it was possible that some acts of brutality were spontaneous, suggesting that Russian soldiers who were frustrated by how poorly the invasion was going turned on Ukraine’s civilians.

“They had been told they were going to have a glorious victory,” Sullivan said of the Russian troops, “and just ride into Kyiv without any opposition with Ukrainians welcoming them and when that didn’t happen, I do think some of these units engaged in these acts of brutality, these atrocities, these war crimes even without direction from above.”

“But make no mistake, the larger issue of broad-scale war crimes and atrocities in Ukraine lies at the feet of the Kremlin and lies at the feet of the Russian president,” he added.

https://www.politico.com/news/...rimes-putin-00024278

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Putin's plans for America are more of what we got in 2016 and 2020: Election interference on behalf of I-1.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...l-elections?ref=home

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post