well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The piano tie

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The piano tie
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
The earrings had piano keys on them too. Big Grin Man, did I love dressing up in the 80’s. So overdone! The hair, and all that makeup! And shoulder pads! Those pants were leather. And I loved those boots. This was probably 1982.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20459 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I remember that era! You look mahvelous!

I had a pair of Frye boots that I loved that I wore mostly with jeans; I have never been a "dress up" person, much to my mother's dismay.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Mahvelous indeed!

At the same point, I would have been in ratty jeans and a T. Big Grin

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
You look mahvelous!

+1.

In 1982, I think I was still wearing polo shirts (??) and trying to fit in with the cute girls. But starting in about 1983, I would be found with a shaved head and wearing a leather biker jacket...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18472 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
In 1983 I had that tie in hot pink. I have no idea if I still have it.

Some rock star made it popular, someone like Elvis Costello or Gary Numan or someone like that.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
In 1982, I think I was still wearing polo shirts (??) and trying to fit in with the cute girls. But starting in about 1983, I would be found with a shaved head and wearing a leather biker jacket...

worthless

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
WTG, never!!!

At least not until I'm about ready to retire! I decided when I started grad school that photos of the "old me" would need to stay off of the internet, bc pretty much anything that goes online grows legs.

I started shaving my head in high school, and maintained a very hardcore punk appearance until I had decided that I wanted to get a job in Japan after college graduation, and I had about two months to grow my hair out before the interview season would start. It was a race against time, as they say.

I still had super short hair at my job interview, but between that and some lipstick and the right suit (with a skirt of course) I passed as "respectable" and I've been passing ever since. Big Grin

Posts: 18472 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
But starting in about 1983, I would be found with a shaved head and wearing a leather biker jacket...

worthless

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Y'all will just have to use your imagination!

Yes

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Is that the decade in which they say “hot mama”?

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
starting in about 1983, I would be found with a shaved head and wearing a leather biker jacket...

And yet again ...

worthless

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I maybe shouldn’t a said anything….

Ole