well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Ted Lasso

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ted Lasso
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
I think I watch TV and movies differently than a lot of people. I either want to be educated or I want really great writing. I don’t much care about stars - as long as the acting doesn’t detract from the story I’m good with it.

Ted Lasso has the best writers I’ve seen in a very long time - on par with MASH. Really, really good.

Apple TV - worth a quick subscription.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34988 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
We love Ted Lasso. Last one drops tomorrow. I’m going to be sad that it’s over.

If you don’t have Apple TV+, you can get it for one month and binge all 3 seasons. Do it.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9806 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I don't care about stars, but I do care about story arc, dialogue and characters. Ted Lasso has all in abundance. Most original thing I've seen in years.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13571 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we'll be very sad that it's over.

Same with Mrs. Maisel, the last show of which was Friday, and Succession, which ended on Sunday.

If you're a fan of good writing, watch Shrinking on Apple TV. The writing is even better than Ted Lasso, if that's possible.

Posts: 45765 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it's better, but again, it is very, very good. I can see why Ford really wanted to do it.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Both Mrs. Maisel and Shrinking are excellent! ThumbsUp

Posts: 34988 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Episode 6 of Ted Lasso is up next. The show is hilarious. Will start Shrinking when we finish Ted Lasso.
Finally, some good comedies.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25727 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:

Same with Mrs. Maisel, the last show of which was Friday, and Succession, which ended on Sunday.

If you're a fan of good writing, watch Shrinking on Apple TV. The writing is even better than Ted Lasso, if that's possible.

I have been really disappointed in this season of Mrs. Maisel, which is unfortunate since I loved the series. Haven’t watched the last episode yet.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4098 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dolmansaxlil:
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:

I have been really disappointed in this season of Mrs. Maisel, which is unfortunate since I loved the series. Haven’t watched the last episode yet.

i agree dol. the last three episodes, mr. pique and i just kept rolling our eyes. i think what ruined it is when they started showing scenes from the future. it ruined any narrative tension. also, bad writing. the dialogue suddenly just started really falling flat. felt very stagey.

we have seen the last episode because, oh well, closure. and it was pretty good. quite a bit better than the previous few episodes. though i think it got only two laughs out of me and none out of mr. pique.

i am so happy to learn that ted lasso isn't yet over!! we thought we'd already seen the last episode. I guess they were dropping them weekly, but since we were new to the series, we were binging and didn't realize we'd caught up to the current schedule.

i started out thinking ted lasso was pretty dumb, but by the second season i was starting to realize how brilliant it is. the characters are so great, the writing is totally wonderful.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21362 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Just watched the last Ted Lasso of the season. Based on the episode I think it’s over and it ended well. Assuming it is actually the series finale, it’s the best I’ve seen in quite some time.

Posts: 4098 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I also just finished the last episode. That’s some world class storytelling right there!

I’d rank it with the final episode of MASH.

Bravo! ThumbsUp

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess based on WTF opinion, I should watch Ted Lasso. Never thought much about it one way or the other.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13825 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I like to drag it out. We watched E6 last night, the Netherlands visit. Brilliant storytelling and dialogue.

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
We watched the finale last night, and loved it. Sorry it’s over. So good.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9806 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I like to drag it out. We watched E6 last night, the Netherlands visit. Brilliant storytelling and dialogue.

That episode was brilliant!