well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Can anybody translate this comment?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can anybody translate this comment?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20484 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I found an online Russian keyboard and managed to type in the same letters as the Instagram post.

здорово где такие можно купитв

Went to a Russian to English translator and it came up with this:

great where you can buy such

(pj, stop laughing at my technique....)

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38009 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I read it as "so much to buy"

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21365 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
здорово где такие можно купитв

I just saw I had a typo. Should have been:

здорово где такие можно купить

Corrected translation:

great where can i buy these

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38009 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Smiler Jodi

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I’m too late.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
BTW, здорово literally means “healthy”. And the rest would a little more accurately be “where can such as these be bought?” or “… like these”.

Just to be literal.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Damn Russians, they have a different word for everything.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33805 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
So yesterday I wrote something like “I’m not sure I understand your question, I sometimes sell my pigments through my website but do not currently have any for sale.” But my post was about pigment storage, so I’m not entirely sure if she was looking for my storage solutions, the pigments i foraged, or the paint I make, at any rate, she wrote “thanks for the reply” in English after.
Then I went and looked at her feed, she paints religious icons, and they are really interesting, there is a video on the process of making one of them, there are photos of her family, and it’s such a different world than the one I live in. For all the bad stuff that is said about social media, this is what is *SO FREAKING COOL* about it all. A glimpse and a connection with somebody’s life that I would never see otherwise. I’ve had entire conversation via the message part of Instagram with another woman who was using an online translator (if I’m remembering correctly she was from Iran) answering questions about my paint making process. Amazing.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
That's pretty cool, jodi.

And I'm so with you regarding social media (and the internet in general) as being a way for people to connect in positive (new) ways!

Bazootiehead-in-training