well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Crumbling health care

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crumbling health care
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
The South’s health care system is crumbling under Covid-19. Enter Tennessee.

The state is a poster child for how rural areas are suffering disproportionately amid the pandemic in the worst public health crisis in a century.

https://www.politico.com/news/...onspiracies-00018204

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38008 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Tennessee kind of holds a place of dishonor in looking after its citizens having repeatedly refused offered Medicaid expansion.

Tennessee refused numerous federal offers of medical aid https://www.oakridger.com/stor...ennessee/6564076001/

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I can only conclude that the good people of Tennessee like it this way.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35001 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

No, they don't. It's their governors who refuse the aid. If you take a look at the articleI posted it's clear.

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
quote:

No, they don't. It's their governors who refuse the aid. If you take a look at the articleI posted it's clear.

Seems to me that if they didn’t like it they’d stop electing the same terrible people over and over.

(Glad to see you posting, Amanda. I’ve been wondering where you were.)

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35001 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:

(Glad to see you posting, Amanda. I’ve been wondering where you were.)

Thank you, Steve.
Been busy with medical crap. Frowner