well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Samsung Appliances

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Samsung Appliances
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
The Lake House came with all Samsung appliances. They're 5 years old now - all top of the line and fancy as hell.

And now every one of them - except the fridge with the computer in the door - is broken. Mad

The washer (top loader - no agitator) can't deal with sand (even after I vacuumed it out) and tangles everything in to knots. No matter how many buttons I push the clothes come out of the dryer wet. Reviews on line say to expect the circuit boards to fail soon.

It cost $400 to make the range clean itself and the dishwasher behaves strangely. Fridge is cool Smiler but the Samsung repair lady told me that the computers do occasionally quit and they cost $1000 to replace. Eeker

I'll replace them all with basic GE stuff when they quit. Maybe before, in the case of the washer. It's pretty much useless.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Have been steering clear of Samsung large appliances. Quality problems and the customer service is the pits.

We have a Samsung front loading washer and after an initial problem that was repaired under warranty, it's been working fine, but I swore that I wouldn't buy another one when this one goes. Friend had a Samsung refrigerator that kept freezing up, apparently a known problem with the model she had.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
We had one of those Samsung washers that would vibrate themselves to destruction. Got the factory fix for that, then the damper rods broke. At that point we bought an LG. So far so good. Replaced the venerable 30 year old Maytag dryer with an LG too.

We have a Samsung dishwasher that has been great for over ten years.

Other Samsung stuff has been a laptop (not great) and TVs/monitors that have done well.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13560 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
thanks for the warning. most of our appliances aren't far from needing replacement, but none of them are samsung.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
The TV is the last Samsung item I will buy. It will not work with the Comcast remote or the Roku.
I must work around it the tv to get some things done.
Have been reading about the poor customer service for a while.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Samsung electronics seem to be fine. We've been happy with all of our Samsung TV and phone purchases.

quote:
the venerable 30 year old Maytag dryer

We have one with similar longevity. Also a Maytag refrigerator that's been chugging along for almost 20 years. But Maytag was bought by Whirlpool in 2006. I wonder how the quality has held up after the corporate change.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
thanks for the warning. most of our appliances aren't far from needing replacement, but none of them are samsung.

We had problems here in a major urban area when it came to getting a qualified repair service out to deal with our washer., but after some arm twisting with Samsung we got it fixed. Out in a rural area the options are far fewer...

We had to replace the gas range in Door County when we were selling that house. I called multiple local appliance sales/repair companies about Samsung. They said they will not work on Samsung appliances, won't even install them, because the customer service for the company is so awful. We ultimately bought the stove from the Green Bay Best Buy, which is a 90 minute trip. They hire subcontractors for installation and the guy drove all the way from Green Bay. His parting words were "Good luck finding someone to fix this if it ever needs repair". He was in the Never Samsung camp, too.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Samsung was actually pretty good about fixing the range, even though we’re in a really small town. I’m not sure where the tech works from.

Hardest part was figuring out what number to call. Their website is terrible.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post