well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
At last! A piano with a cup-holder...

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7602 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frycek:

1862 Pleyel

Goddess! I love that carving!!

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
I don't know ron, first thing I thought when I saw that white thing was some sort of toilet! Eeker

Check out this eBay auction ($399,000.00 !!??) MALACHITE & BRONZE DORE PIANO

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10678 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Revenant
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Frycek
posted Hide Post
Here's Bernard's malachite piano. I've been waiting for this specimen to resurface. It was first listed about six months ago. For $399,000 you'd think they could give us better pictures. I find it hard to believe someone would do this to a Steinway. (But then, I'm not impressed by musical instruments that remind me of a congealed salad, the kind involving lime jello and cottage cheese.) The velvet on the bench doesn't even match. I don't like the way that exposed wood is finished (or not) either. Anyone know how that stone casing wourld effect the tone?

quote:
PART OF AN INCREDIBLE COLLECTION OF RUSSIAN MALACHITE DECORATIVE ART & FURNITURE. 19TH CEN. BRONZE DORE MOUNTINGS ON MOST PIECES.

The item shown here is a Steinway Piano circa 1936, the first year this model was introduced, with genuine Russian malachite marquetry and bronze dore mountings. This is not plastic, wood, paint, or synthetic material. It is real malachite, a semi-precious stone only master crafstmen can apply to furniture in a tedious and delicate process.

The piano is part of a collection of 11 pieces of malachite furniture we picked up from a dealer in south Florida who recently retired and closed his business. We understand this piece and the others we aquired, which include 2 vitrines, a rectangular center table, a pair of pedestals, a pair of candelabra, a tall clock, a chandelier, a large round entrance piece, were originally commissioned back in the thirties by a wealthy real estate developer.

We are motivated to sell the entire collection as one lot for $2,000,000, but will sell individual lots. Questions? Call David or Mark toll free at 1-888-249-1988, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday thru Saturday, or email davidantebi@nyc.rr.com. | Check out my other items!

Posts: 6034 | Location: SC Mountains | Registered: 24 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
That *is* different - but I think I could like that, I think I could like that a lot!

(What can I say...)

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
1918 Hobart M. Cable

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Revenant
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Frycek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zorba:
That *is* different - but I think I could like that, I think I could like that a lot!

(What can I say...)

It probably just needs the right light and setting.

Posts: 6034 | Location: SC Mountains | Registered: 24 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I know we've seen this one before.... but it's green! Happy St. Paddy's day!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7602 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
I love that one, and would KILL for that candelabra!

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
1918 Hobart M. Cable

Revenant
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Frycek
posted Hide Post
quote:
I love that one, and would KILL for that candelabra!

That's one I posted awhile back. It's in the Pleyel museum in Paris, supposedly Chopin once played it at Versailles. I expect he was less imaginatively dressed.

"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
You call that "Imaginatively dressed"?!? Barf

Well, at least he has a LITTLE bit of color! ThumbsUp

Big Grin

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
1918 Hobart M. Cable

Revenant
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Frycek
posted Hide Post
quote:
You call that "Imaginatively dressed"?!? Barf

Well, at least he has a LITTLE bit of color! ThumbsUp

Big Grin

Sorry Zorba, You're imaginatively dressed, but much more tasteful. Actually if Chopin were living today I picture him wearing black or natural cashmere turtlenecks, designer jeans and black leather and very fine, very gentlemanly boots.

Revenant
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Frycek
posted Hide Post

Very pretty if you like Blonds. Mason & Hamlin 6'3" grand, circa 1930

"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frycek:
Sorry Zorba, You're imaginatively dressed, but much more tasteful. Actually if Chopin were living today I picture him wearing black or natural cashmere turtlenecks, designer jeans and black leather and very fine, very gentlemanly boots.

Perhaps, perhaps!

At least this picture doesn't feature that bane of western civilization, the necktie! HairRaising

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
1918 Hobart M. Cable

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
He has such a light touch...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
These music boxes got me to thinking - what if?

Kind of a combination of traditional with Schimmel-esque modernism.

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
1918 Hobart M. Cable