well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Hi, and welcome Brian!

Take your time, there's no rush...

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7558 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Couldn't resist this one - Piano Keyboard Controls Hockey Game!

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
That's great! I can think of countless kids who would be inspired to practice if they had a hockey piano! Big Grin

Posts: 35384 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
My Piano

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post

I'm sorry, I'll be off my piano picture binge shortly I hope, this is a decidedly unusual piano, to a novice it appears to have a gearstick! But the soundboard!?

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Cool pictures, Brian!

Welcome!

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post

Digital Kawai Piano with real wooden soundboard

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post

The caption says "A grand piano sound board outside the Steinway Haus in Berlin." But that looks like a frame - no?

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post

One use for an old Upright I had not thought of.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post

Looks like a piano, but... I've often thought I'd love to have an ordinary piano but inside the strings are replaced with tuning forks, I suspect this is a version of that.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post

A modern Hammered Dulcimer? But it is really just an upright piano eh!

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post

Pleyel Double Grand - I have the DVD and it is a terrific disc, especially watching them take the piano up a flight of stairs with a little tractor machine! - then the recital...

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post

Charles Wheatstone - 1821: Enchanted lyre. (Acouryptophone) According to W.H.Preece, this could really be considered to be the first telephone. This was one of Wheatstone's early experiments in acoustics; he suspended the lyre by a thin steel wire from the soundboards of pianos and other instruments in the room above. In this way it appeared to play 'of itself' by sound conduction and sympathetic resonanceof its strings, causing quite a stir.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post

1. Mahogany and maple rim is lacquered to give a metallic look
2. High-tensile cables looped over the metal suspension tower support the piano’s 500kg weight
3. Soundboard carved from finest Austrian spruce
4. Plexiglass lid allows you to see the intricately designed action at work
5. Like most grand pianos, the Suspension has 88 keys, which means it’s capable of reproducing the entire spectrum of notes played by an orchestra

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post

Maybe this one outdoes the famous adrian mann 5.7m piano?