well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    Music - What are you listening to right now?
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Music - What are you listening to right now?
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Hammel Sanchez? Who are they? Wink

It only pleases me if you are *enjoying* listening to them! (as opposed to "I have to listen to these danged CDs another 10 times to at least get my money's worth)Big Grin

Elena
www.duoscarbo.com

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post

jf

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It only pleases me if you are *enjoying* listening to them! (as opposed to "I have to listen to these danged CDs another 10 times to at least get my money's worth)

I'd toss them like frisbee's at the next guy that cut me off on the way to work if I didnt enjoy them..... In case you're wondering they have been in the CD changer for a week. Smiler

Posts: 1090 | Location: Isle of Long, New York | Registered: 07 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
We had CDs in our CD changer for months when it was broken. Wink

Glad you like them! And I'm glad there's Rachmaninoff for you on at least one of the CDs!

Elena

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
posted Hide Post
Yes there is but The Stravinsky happens to also be on eof my favorites. The Infante is very good. yes I am enjoying them. Good choices, some things I didnt know at all, will be listening again during the commute tomorrow.

Posts: 1090 | Location: Isle of Long, New York | Registered: 07 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post

jf

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
Picture of Nunatax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kluurs:
quote:
Originally posted by Nunatax:

Poulenc's complete works for 2 pianos. Love Derwinger and Roland Pöntinen at the piano. Great CD!

Bought this one on your recommendation. It is excellent.

Glad you like it! I especially like Love Derwinger's playing. I also have him playing Kurt Atterberg piano works (piano concerto, rhapsody and Ballade and Passacaglia). It's an excellent CD as well!

Posts: 973 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
Picture of Nunatax
posted Hide Post
Currently listening to:

Elena, this is a great CD with pieces for two pianos. And I just love the transcription for two pianos of Saint-Saëns Danse Macabre Smiler

Posts: 973 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of josh
posted Hide Post

and

Posts: 2519 | Registered: 21 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of josh
posted Hide Post
Just got this last night:

Posts: 2519 | Registered: 21 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Latest listening has been:

Wozzeck is pretty hard for me to listen to.

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
Picture of Nunatax
posted Hide Post

A Belgian rock band. It's one of those few bands that can play heavy rock that sounds good.

Never Offline
Picture of Nunatax
posted Hide Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post

Music doesn't get any better than this.

Apple, you would love it. Have we talked about him before?

jf

Supreme Mugwump of the Wizengamot
Investment-grade Member
Picture of Muffin
posted Hide Post

Gwen Stefani is DA BOMB! Haha

Posts: 579 | Location: Florida | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post