well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Where Are the Electric Vehicle Charging Stations?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where Are the Electric Vehicle Charging Stations?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
The Toyota Mirai is available in the USA now. There may be others. I'm a noob when it comes to hydrogen cell powered cars, but my understanding is that the big issues are currently with availability (of recharging stations? see, noob) and cost. But this is what you'd expect from any alternative fuel start-up.

I think it's still intriguing.

Interesting.

Thanks, Nina.

Posts: 24602 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
AAA offers battery jump starts for regular 12 Volt batteries. I don’t know if AAA offers motorists 480 V fast charge ups for non-12 Volt batteries on all-electric cars.

Also not likely. I wonder if AAA trucks are carrying generators to charge electric cars these days. If they do, it would probably take a while to get enough charge to get the car to a charging station.
I have an image of the AAA truck showing up, plugging in an extension cord from the back of the truck to your car, then you follow them to the nearest charging station.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30027 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I suspect what they do is tow you the nearest Costco, charge your car and pick up a bale of TP while you wait.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34796 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Some progress on the hydrogen front: Solar-to-Hydrogen Tech Sees "Remarkable" Efficiency Jump

It's a distance from being a real-world solution yet, but it looks like progress. I don't know whether hydrogen, fusion, or some other combination of energy technologies will allow us to not die or revert to the stone age, but I am at least cautiously optomistic.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7365 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post