well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The little changes I've noticed
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The little changes I've noticed
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Traffic through the Eisenhower tunnel was light after 9am.
Not the usual near bumper to bumper traffic going to ski.
The governor stated that the high country is no place to people over 60 to be. Most of the cases of Covid-19 are here.

Was the term "Covid" derived from "covfefe"???

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25710 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:

Was the term "Covid" derived from "covfefe"???

Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
Did my weekly grocery shopping today, and was able to get everything I wanted except for fresh chicken. So, I got frozen chicken and will survive.

We don't need toilet paper yet, so haven't bothered trying to buy it. I'm sure that by next weekend the TP supply will have returned to normal.

[Insert Signature Here]

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I figure that once the entire population has acquired one Costco bale of TP for every man, woman, and child, they will stop and it will return to normal. I have about half a bale in the hall closet. I hope it lasts a few more weeks.

Stopped by a drug store today. The kid was out of deodorant. They had pasta for 50 cents off a box. I got six boxes. Not much selection... some penne, plenty of spaghettini, spaghetti, and linguine, one box of shells and one of the spiral ones (I forget the name). But there was a thing on buzzfeed yesterday with pictures of dozens of stores where all of the pasta was gone except for plenty of lasagna. Folks, it's all the same. Cook it, put sauce on it, eat it. You don't need to do the whole ricotta thing.

The Japanese store once again has a good supply of rice by the front door. Not quite all the brands and a lot of Japanese stuff I didn't recognize. They seemed to have plenty of everything, but I didn't look in the paper products section. And they had fresh chicken on sale. Sorry, Matt. We're having chicken and dumplings tonight.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Has anyone noticed that the robocalls have stopped?

I usually get 4-5 per day and yesterday I didn't get any at all.

[edit]: Right after I posted this I got a robocall. VeryAngry

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Went downtown to the university hospital where my better half is getting his immunotherapy treatments. His doctor said this is kind of a critical juncture and that he was concerned about delaying, especially as we have no idea when the coronavirus thing might ease off. Hubby is supposed to have three weekly treatments, and then he has some time off.

We drive down, walk in the main doctors' office building, ride up the elevator to the 20th floor, he gets his treatment (takes 10 minutes) and we leave. We felt pretty comfortable that we're taking minimal risk, and his doctor was all in with the plan.

Normally, the 10 story parking lot is almost full. Once we got to the seventh level, the parking lot was empty. We went up to our normal spot on 10:

/drift - My key fob never works when we park in this space on the top level. I have no idea why.

View of Huron, just east of Michigan Ave from the pedestrian bridge that connects the parking lot to the offices. Normally jammed with people. The lobby in the building was almost empty of people. We rode up (and down) in the elevator alone.

Michigan Avenue at high noon:

Drive home on LSD was lovely as always. Lots of people running and biking along the lake front:

Oh, and the same gal who usually checks us in was at work today. Her chair was backed up a respectable distance from where the patient sits. She was in good spirits as always, with her message to everyone who visits at her station.

Good advice for everyone, always:

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
For my neighborhood is MORE people!

I live in a leafier part of town with amazing old houses. We have lots of walkers with dogs but this has brought out all sorts..elderly, couples with strollers..

Even me..My neighbor and I walk now every day to catch up and take in the sun. She and I were very sick a few weeks ago (who knows, maybe we already had COVID19?)..so we are grateful to get out and move, breath and laugh. Yes

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Seeing a lot of that around my neighborhood, too, BL.

Well, except for one couple that was out for a walk today, a beautiful spring day....and they both had their phones out as they walked and didn't seem to be aware of the lovely day or each other.

A form of social distancing, I guess.

facepalm

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Some folks from the local ABC news group are working from home. The traffic lady has been doing her reports in the morning from her kitchen, and the weather guy was just sitting on his patio in front of a gas firepit.

Social distancing!

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Drive home on LSD was lovely as always.

ROTFLMAO

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
This Greek fast-casual restaurant opened about 6 months ago in the new shopping center. Quite good - some say the best breakfast in town.

Now they're closed except for take out and are selling groceries. My guess is that restaurant supply houses have lots of stock now that so many restaurants are closed.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
That is a really smart idea!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Los Angeles mayor Garcetti announced that if you are found to be running a business in defiance of orders, DWP will be dispatched to turn off your power and water.

He sounded a bit testy.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I needed that. Thanks.

I think you're at least as good as Eckhart Tolle.

ThumbsUp

Bazootiehead-in-training