well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    George and Kellyanne
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

George and Kellyanne
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:

Kellyanne Conway, a senior adviser to President Trump and one of his longest-serving aides, is leaving the White House at the end of the month.

Conway, whose title is counselor to the president, was Trump’s third campaign manager in 2016 and the first woman to successfully manage a presidential bid to victory. She joined the White House at the start of Trump’s term and has been one of his most visible and vocal defenders.

Conway informed Trump of her decision Sunday night in the Oval Office.
Her husband, George T. Conway III, a conservative lawyer and outspoken critic of the president, is also stepping back from his role on the Lincoln Project, an outside group of Republicans devoted to defeating Trump in November. He will also take a hiatus from Twitter, the venue he has often used to attack the president.

https://news.google.com/articl...S&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I wonder what happened.

[edit]. Seems to have to do with their daughter alleging abuse and seeking emancipation.

Ugh.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems to have to do with their daughter alleging abuse and seeking emancipation

Oh dear, I hadn’t heard that.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18523 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Seems to be about daughter Claudia.

https://news.google.com/articl...S&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
If it’s indeed family issue, I wish the Conways well with their endeavors to resolve it.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Hmmm.... looks a little messy I guess.

/understatement

Posts: 18523 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
So, it's the usual "to spend more time with my family" reason.

Can Kellyanne still be charged with Hatch Act violations?

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
So, it's the usual "to spend more time with my family" reason.

As someone said on Twitter yesterday, in this case, the usual "spending more time with the family" excuse is true.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Wow. Messy indeed. Holy cow.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I can hardly think of a worse fate than being mother of a mid-teen who is rejecting me while being a popular "influencer".

Eeker

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I learned years ago that "we" have no idea what goes on inside someone else's marriage and family. I wish them the best, particularly as they grapple with their daughter's anger. I wouldn't wish that on anybody, and hope they get a chance to deal with things effectively and privately.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wish them the best

I'm having a really hard time wishing Kellyanne "the best" ... I'm thinking "you reap what you sow, lady" ...

This adminstration is gonna turn me into a real *sshole if I'm not careful

Repeat after Michelle, when they go low, we go high. When they go low, we go high. When they go low, we go high. When they go....

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:
I wish them the best

I'm having a really hard time wishing Kellyanne "the best" ... I'm thinking "you reap what you sow, lady" ...

This adminstration is gonna turn me into a real *sshole if I'm not careful

Repeat after Michelle, when they go low, we go high. When they go low, we go high. When they go low, we go high. When they go....

ROTFLMAO

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I disagree with Michelle about that, but taking potshots at parents of a troubled 15 year-old teenage girl seems to be unnecessary. As Nina said, we can't really know what went on and goes on in that family.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Now wait a minute. Given her parents, why do you assume the 15 year old is troubled, instead of being the sane one ...

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post