well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Frozen II (movie)

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frozen II (movie)
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
Overall entertainment value: OK

Story / Plot: OK

Imagination: OK

The tenets behind the mythology, the logic behind the magic: rather silly, but it's a children's film, so OK.

Animation/3D/CGI innovation: competently done, but not really seeing any breakthrough innovation (maybe one exception below)

Music / soundtrack: OK. It looks like they tried very hard to push a few power ballads, but the songs themselves just do not really move me

Moral of the story: "Do the right thing" as opposed to Disney's (and most animated features') trite and true "be yourself" formula, I suppose that qualifies as "something different"

Character development: It's sequel, and hasn't really developed the characters much beyond what's already established in the original; I think they botched it a bit by making Anna too neurotic at times

Elsa's outfits: FABULOUS. Surreal yet not too surreal, Elsa's magical outfits in Frozen II are absolutely beautiful and is the one transcendental aspect of this film. If there is innovation in animation technology in this film, I'd say it's in making Elsa's magical outfits flow with such grace and elegance in every scene no matter how Elsa moves about. Whoever designed those outfits are geniuses, who ever framed the shots featuring those magical outfits are geniuses, who ever animated and came up with the algorithms to animate those outfits are also geniuses.

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Dude. You are not the target audience.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

ROTFLMAO

Steve, I don't know about that. I always thought Disney was for everyone... Ole

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Also, reading Ax's review makes me want to see it, so that's saying something! Big Grin

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

Lol. Big Grin

I would totally watch it, I am a sucker for Disney movies. Still love The Little Mermaid.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Ax is going to get me to the movies more. That is a good thing.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post