well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Scientific analysis of the Nevada Democratic caucus’s early vote turnout.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scientific analysis of the Nevada Democratic caucus’s early vote turnout.
 Login/Join

twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
Damn, there sure were a sh*tload of people in line today…

(There are 15 early voting locations in my county, and you can vote any one of four days. I got through the line in about two hours, but the line as I was leaving the building was about twice as long. I heard that lineson the first day were 3 1/2 to 4 hours long)

Yeah, but aren't you used to this by now? Being a California celebrity showing up at hick places, there's naturally going to be a crowd that will show up. Hey, being a celebrity may have its privileges but there's a price. Next time you and Paul McCartney get together, I'm sure you two can commiserate.

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Apparently there are a lot of very good reasons for ending caucuses. I listened to a few videos of Stacy Abrams talking about this last night.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I don't think there is any way he is ever going to get a majority nor do I think the party will let him take the nom with a minority.

I think Trump would crush him handily, but there is always the possibility he would win. That I do not wish to see. I would hope for a more centrist candidate that would have a better chance to win and would be a better president than Bernie.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13559 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Well, Bernie won Nevada.

It's yesterday's news.

He, Elizabeth Warren, the "centrists," and Bloomberg will fight it out.

That's just the way our nominating systems work. They're not going to change now.

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I would hope for a more centrist candidate that would have a better chance to win and would be a better president than Bernie.
Her name is Hillary Rodham Clinton. You had your chance to vote for her.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
That may be your definition of Clinton. I do not see it that way, but thanks for the snark anyway.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13559 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
Well, Bernie won Nevada.

It's yesterday's news.

Well, since the voting is taking place today, you must be clairvoyant ... Big Grin

Yes, Bernie is ahead in the polls in Nevada, but perhaps we should wait till tonight to coronate him King of Las Vegas.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Here's my amateur's take on what's going on right now.

There are 2 "progressive" candidates, Sanders and Warren.

There are 4 viable-ish "centrist" candidates, Buttigieg, Klobuchar, Biden and Bloomberg (though if you wanted to say Bloomberg was far right, I wouldn't argue)

The party is split between progressives and centrists--not 50-50, but both have large groups.

So you divide the progressive vote between 2 people. You divide the centrist vote between 3-4 people. Voila! The progressive guy will prevail.

Some of these people need to get off the stage.

I also am curious to see how much of a bounce Warren may receive based on her debate earlier this week.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
You say that Warren is progressive. But I haven't seen much evidence that her supporters would flock en masse to Bernie if she dropped out.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Why don't Republicans have a "centrist" test?

On the contrary, the 'litmus' test for Republicans seems to be how far right one can be.

I'm not talking about the two parties in the past. I mean now.

Anyone?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
Well, Bernie won Nevada.

It's yesterday's news.

Well, since the voting is taking place today, you must be clairvoyant ... Big Grin

Yes, Bernie is ahead in the polls in Nevada, but perhaps we should wait till tonight to coronate him King of Las Vegas.

You got me!

Still, I doubt you'd wager 50 cents on it... Big Grin

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
You say that Warren is progressive. But I haven't seen much evidence that her supporters would flock en masse to Bernie if she dropped out.

I don't see Warren as a progressive. But I'm not one of Bernie's followers and can't prognosticate about what they might do if she dropped out. Wink

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
The progressives I know say they will only vote Sanders or Warren. Some of the Warren supporters are more rabid than the Sanders supporters. Their big agenda is to elect a woman.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Which would imply a shift to centrist Klobuchar, who has been making nice with Warren.