well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Today I saw the end of my 20'x20' eyesore shed, yay!

I also saw the end of my wood pile. Had 2 cords delivered last Sat. Been stacking it off and on all week. 2 more cords on order.

--------------------------------
http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10563 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Bernard...
You forgot to add that you lost 5 lbs as well!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
This. This is an 18" tall corn cob stool that one of my daughter's roommate's dad foisted off on them.

There is also a pink margarita lamp that I have not seen.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bernard:
I also saw the end of my wood pile. Had 2 cords delivered last Sat. Been stacking it off and on all week. 2 more cords on order

Shouldn't have told us that. I thought you had chopped it all yourself and was going to congratulate you.

Prolly not a good idea to stack it against the house though. Attracts termites and bugs in to the house.

Or is this not a problem in snow country?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:

Today strolling downtown Waltham Mass, my Honduran friend (who is often mistaken for Indian) and I hit every sari shop to swoon over their beauty. Photo taken with permission of the shop owner..she thought we were nuts!

Love Saris! A nuisance to wear for a non-Indian, but beautiful!

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
I also saw the end of my wood pile. Had 2 cords delivered last Sat. Been stacking it off and on all week. 2 more cords on order

...Prolly not a good idea to stack it against the house though. Attracts termites and bugs in to the house.

And warm-blooded critters. Speaking from experience. Small ones, but why encourage them?

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
New blooms on the side of the house this morning!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Although a hosta, it gets called the August Lily. should be fragrant. Mine just started as well.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
Although a hosta, it gets called the August Lily.

The bunnies in my yard call it the Salad Bar.

Treehugging Dirt Worshipper (see bumper sticker)

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37796 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Love Saris! A nuisance to wear for a non-Indian, but beautiful!

How so? Or I should, why is it any easier or more difficult for a non-Indian?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
This is fun! Wondering if we can pin this thread?

Would be lots of fun to look back at it after a time, as the seasons change. Wink

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
Bernard...
You forgot to add that you lost 5 lbs as well!

I wish!

Posts: 10563 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Shouldn't have told us that. I thought you had chopped it all yourself and was going to congratulate you.

Prolly not a good idea to stack it against the house though. Attracts termites and bugs in to the house.

Hrmph. Good point about stacking next to the house. I've seen it done this way around here. In fact I've seen it stacked in sheds attached to houses. I'll have to investigate...

Funny you should mention it though because I mentioned to my brother just last night that I like this kind of exercise and said maybe I could just keep moving my wood pile around! Smiler

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hrmph. Good point about stacking next to the house. I've seen it done this way around here. In fact I've seen it stacked in sheds attached to houses. I'll have to investigate...

Funny you should mention it though because I mentioned to my brother just last night that I like this kind of exercise and said maybe I could just keep moving my wood pile around! Smiler

On the flip side, in my real estate travelings, there was a house that had a trap door next to the fireplace...strange..till we found a concrete pad just under it. We figure they stacked the wood there and the trap door enabled them to get firewood without going outside! Brilliant!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
I believe it Kerri. The house I grew up in--sometime after I left--my father and brothers built an elevator between the cellar and 1st floor for the purpose of bringing wood upstairs! Think of an electrified dumbwaiter, only it carried wood instead of food.