well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
Dang no photo...

I was in a more rural town tonight to help Shorty pick up his now repaired car. He was in front of me on the country road driving home RIGHT at the town line sign and suddenly there was traffic...Folks ahead were hanging out their windows and I got worried that someone or their pet had been struck...

I moved ahead just enough to see there was a large snapping turtle in the road and the car oncoming had the passengers out trying to direct it back off the road.

The minute I noticed this, I saw out the right side of my car someone running..she popped out the front, while putting on a day glo vest...Once she put it on, I could read what it said on the back "TURTLE RESCUE".

She leapt into action, like Wonder Woman, leaned down, picked up the creature and replaced him into the wetland...Everyone got back in to their cars and "Wonder Woman" ran back toward my car and disappeared. Yes

ThumbsUp

I rescued a snapping turtle off Rte 4 last year. It spent the whole time trying to snap me!!

--------------------------------
http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10558 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Sri Lankan buffet, Staten Island.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13771 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

What did you have?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34810 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
There was plenty for both vegetarians and meatatarians. I don't know the names of everything. Dal (lentils), kale with coconut, mixed vegetables (potato and another root vegetable in a creamy sauce), papadums, spicy condiment, spicy pickle, pineapple and mango salad (spicy), sago pudding. Three kinds of rice: basmati, red basmati and fried rice. And a couple of things I can't remember. The names may sound pedestrian, but they were interestingly spiced.

There was also an egg curry, a black pork curry, and a chicken dish.

Some things remind you of Indian cooking, but there are subtle differences. Some tastes I have never encountered elsewhere.

And...this place is only a 12 minute walk from my house. There is a Sri Lankan community here, and we all get the benefit of it.

All you can eat for $14.95, weekends only.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13771 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Look who turned up in my city today!

Peggy and I enjoyed a lovely evening at the local minor league baseball game..and, yes, I am in a sling...fell and cracked my elbow. suave

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Ooh, BeeLady, sorry about your elbow! But your picture is not showing up...at least not on my computer.

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
My yard has been a fox highway all summer.

The two of them pass thru at regular hours...about 9:30 and back at 4:30.

Today was different..They hunted chipmunks in the stone wall, even had words and chased each other about it.

This smaller one, had two chipmunks as a meal...I looked up a few minutes later to find her defecating in the middle of the yard...The scratching just after as I was not able to fire up my phone in time...wow..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ky5gRxDfcvt8d3cbA

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Zombies and Wizards and Superheroes doing KungFu.

I was visiting a martial arts instructional facility and because it’s the last lesson before Halloween, apparently the head instructor told the students they could come dressed in their Halloween costumes. So there I was, watching a roomful of superheroes, zombies, wizards, warlocks, skeletons, space aliens, and ninjas practicing how to kungfu their way out of zombie attacks. Blink

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12675 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
BeeLady, Sorry about your elbow. Hope it is better.

Today I saw a Pine Marten. It was running on the ground when it caught my eye.
Then it dashed up a tree.
Years ago there was one at Keystone that would climb to the second floor by going between the walls.
Pine Marten
He got snacks whenever he showed up.
The mechanics downstairs knew where he got into the building but would not repair it.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25665 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
On my drive home:

Holiday Overachievers

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
On the wall of my kid’s room
https://twitter.com/quietcrysi...525826840616960?s=21

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Perils of Postal Packages.

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Quiet in the office today.. Big Grin

MillCityGrows.org

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
My neighbors have an amazing old Victorian house..

Their stained glass window was not doing well..it was slumping but in addition it was determined to be an horizontal view put into a vertical space.

Today we got to see the new version, vertical and well supported.

MillCityGrows.org

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Seen on this morning's walk. I didn't pick up anything to read, but might sometime in the future!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37679 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post