well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Suing Your Parents For Being Born

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suing Your Parents For Being Born
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted
No, really.

https://www.vox.com/future-per...p3g3Ttv0lyejPTl6KkdE

The best line:

quote:
“Mum said she wished she had met me before I was born and that if she did, she definitely wouldn’t have had me,” Samuel told the BBC.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Because it’s not possible to ask children for consent before they are created, he argues, it’s wrong to have them at all.

Makes sense to me ! ROTFLMAO

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
A great motivation to invent time travel -- so if necessary you can go back in time to tell your biological parents to do things differently.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
But what if the parents lose and via case law sue their own parents (presumably deceased) for their own unpermitted births? And the parents are then assessed those same damages, from out of their inheritance (more, if Indians are responsible for their parents' debts)?

Seems the final antinatalist lawsuit couldn't possibly yield a profit once all debts are paid, especially if living expenses are subtracted.

At best, a wash not counting court costs. Roll Eyes

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post