well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Looks like I'm going to make it

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like I'm going to make it
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Had my physical today and everything looks good except my weight. Working on that so I feel pretty good about it.

I also got a flu shot, a tetanus shot and a pneumonia shot. The flu shot arm doesn't hurt at all but the tetanus shot arm hurts a bit. Should be gone by tomorrow.

Later I also got a Covid test of the 15 minute result variety. Definitely not a big deal - a nasal swab just barely inside of my nose. Glad to say I am negative and if I stay out of the White House I should be able to stay that way.

I also got an appointment for a colonoscopy. Frowner

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Good for you!

Don't be surprised if the tetanus is sore for a bit longer. I find that one lingers for a while....

We've been doing the health catch-up work, too. I've seen a PCP and gotten a physical for the first time in 8 years, had a colonoscopy, got my teeth cleaned, and had my annual eye exam yesterday. I called in the morning to make an appt and they offered me a 3:40 pm . Cancellation, doncha know.

Mr wtg has a new hip and a relatively healthy bladder.

We're good to go into hibernation for the winter!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also got an appointment for a colonoscopy.

Pain in the ass, man ... Big Grin

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:

I also got an appointment for a colonoscopy. Frowner

No sh!t?

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13558 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Toe surgery was on Sept. 15th. Walked gingerly in shoes this morning.
It is going to take a while. Expect to ski in January. Had the surgery because alpine skiing well requires a good big toe. The bends required for nordic skiing were too painful.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25710 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post