well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    My job is weird. Input requested.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My job is weird. Input requested.
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Agree, doing basic stuff in photoshop is very easy and a major time suck. Just make sure you save a copy of the raw, untouched photo somewhere you can't mess it up. Don't ask me how I know this. suave

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
quote:
I don’t love your hair in this one; it’s tall because you’re looking down? Almost ‘80s Long Island Girl.

You can crop the top of the photo so that the hair isn't so tall. this is still my favorite, providing it is cropped so the viewer isn't distracted from your eyes.

The publicist liked the one with the goofy hair, FWIW. He also liked the one in the black jacket that got a lot of votes.

I'd listen to the publicist.

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
May I suggest using Snapseed instead of Photoshop? It’s more visual, less fiddly, and non-destructive. Also, free. Also, I wouldn’t use Photoshop (or anything else) to “smooth wrinkles”. Not because it can’t do it, or because it’s hard to do, but because it is REALLY hard to do WELL. Wrinkles look better than unnatural smoothing.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Snapseed; that’s what I usually use. And it’s free, too.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post