well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
When you need that "big" tone...

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Apental Piano - Harmony Restored to Equal Temperament

Richard Haigh writes:
"I built this piano primarily to test the idea that eliminating the fifth harmonic from the sound would reduce some of the discordant effects of tuning any keyboard instrument to ET, which is generally accepted as the best compromise for instruments being used for music played in any key."

http://www.apentalpiano.co.uk/...of-apental-piano.asp
http://www.galpinsociety.org/history.htm

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
I love the room...

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
NO - NOT PHOTOSHOPPED - JUST GENUINE PIANO!!
http://www.alexanderpiano.nz/

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Hi Brian, nice to see you again!

In that huge gorgeous room, I wonder how the piano might sound?

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
O, the poor piano!

Picture of JohanB
posted Hide Post
Yesterday my best friends, brought me a nice present....three 10inch composersbusts. My friends had a musicstore and the busts were always in the classic cd department....I'm happy...

Regards,
Johan B

'Music is a way of living'

Nil volentibus arduum

Posts: 36 | Location: Grootegast-Groningen, the Netherlands | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
What a nice gift from your friends!

And the view from your window is lovely....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
He can actually play well too!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
Picture of Nunatax
posted Hide Post

We totally exist! Really!!

Posts: 973 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Photo is called "Playing a Cityscape as a Musical Score"

quote:
A physical model of the Dutch city of Eindhoven is rolled onto a drum and attached to a piano, so that its buildings hit the piano keys in a specific rhythm and the physical pattern of the city becomes expressed into a unique sound.

Never Offline
Picture of Nunatax
posted Hide Post

We totally exist! Really!!

Posts: 973 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
I give up, what the HELL is that?

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post