well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    Announcing the Aug 2010 WTF-er of the month.... jon-nyc!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Announcing the Aug 2010 WTF-er of the month.... jon-nyc!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big Al

If you transition to teaching, what would you teach? Have you considered teaching overseas? (I have a friend who retired from a CFO position to teaching who finds his eastern European students are most attentive when he teaches overseas.)

Probably math, maybe science. I've also thought that financial literacy needs to be taught on high school so I've toyed with the idea of developing a curriculum for that too. I've not considered teaching overseas, but maybe it's something I should look into.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
ok, these threads are not very interesting unless you ask the really nosy questions:

how come you keep quitting your jobs?

Because I can! Neener

Seriously, though, I've only had two jobs in the 20 years I've been out of school. I happened to meet this online community right after I quit my first job out of school. With my second job, I took a leave of absence when my mother got ill and then quit it this spring. So while Ive had three periods of voluntary unemployment since Ive met you folks, Ive really only had, and quit, 2 jobs in my adult life.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also like to cook and travel.

i can attest that jon is a superb cook!

i look forward to returning the hospitality one of these days. Smiler

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:

i look forward to returning the hospitality one of these days. Smiler

Me too!

twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
When and where did you live in Chicago?

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Will there be anymore Bosie parties now that the little one is there? We had such a great time there when Duo Scarbo debuted (sp)

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kluurs:
When and where did you live in Chicago?

I lived there from 90 to 95, mostly anyway (when I wasn't on an expat assignment).

I lived all over, printers row, gold coast, Lincoln park, and Evanston toward the end. That was in my early 20s so I moved every time my lease came up. In Evanston I purchased a condo, but then sold it in 96 after moving to NYC.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lilylady:
Will there be anymore Bosie parties now that the little one is there? We had such a great time there when Duo Scarbo debuted (sp)

Thank you we enjoyed it immensely too.

I would like to have another one, but not until I start playing more myself. I've not played much at all since the little guy arrived.

Semi-Regular
posted Hide Post
Why does Dolmansaxil have the hots for you?

Do you two engage in cybersex often or just once in a while?

Posts: 104 | Registered: 20 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DJ:
Why does Dolmansaxil have the hots for you?

Because I send her love sonnets via PM at least once a week.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DJ:
Do you two engage in cybersex often or just once in a while?

You mean, with each other?

Semi-Regular
posted Hide Post
touche sir.

deftly handled.

Posts: 104 | Registered: 20 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
quote:
Originally posted by lilylady:

Thank you we enjoyed it immensely too.

I would like to have another one, but not until I start playing more myself. I've not played much at all since the little guy arrived.

Bet the little guy would love to hear you practice and play. IMHO it would be good for him

Would like to comment on the "did your life change after the baby was born" question.
From what I have observed and been told the change comes with the second child.
hmmm.... planning anything?

Posts: 25710 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
From what I have observed and been told the change comes with the second child.
hmmm.... planning anything?

Well, we pulled the goalie long ago but we're getting a bit long in the tooth so I'd say our chances are much less than 50%. (And we're not going to do anything artificial.)

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DJ:
touche sir.

deftly handled.

Wink