well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Supply Chain Issues Rant..Share Yours

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Supply Chain Issues Rant..Share Yours
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
OMG..this is a theme with me and my frustration is growing...

First is the siding...aside from the construction delays, the guys ran out of caulk, specially made to match my siding color..I think that was in March. My contractor ordered it and still had no word...Siding went on but some caulking still needs doing (did I mention we had a tropical storm this past weekend?)....

No word..So I ordered it from Lowes in June....Been on the horn with the manufacturer several times, they have my local Lowes order in their records but are rationing orders, said ti was to go to my Lowes first week of Aug...

I googled around to find other vendors who might have it and ...found ...Lowes...at 90% less than what I paid...So I ordered it! Evil

Got an email Monday that it was here for pickup..I go the store and....nada...Called today, and they say Aug 30.

I have a house painter on the hook to do my trim painting and odds and ends trim work but won't start till the caulk is here. Mad

To treat myself I ordered a Solo Stove with the grill top. Stove came smashed...Sigh..Turns out their RA ticket is only triggered if I NOTIFY them that I sent it (means I have to pack it up, drive to a shipper etc.)...so I told them I sent it back and have a receipt for delivery, got a new order to come (supposedly today)...Grill top?

Doh! "We forgot!"

I have a few books I want to order.. I am taking my list to my NEW local downtown bookstore to order. I am so done with online ordering..

You?

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Been seeing shortages for all kinds of stuff, but it's all trivial things that don't affect me significantly. I can switch brands of coffee when I can't get my usual stuff and live without the other things.

Our governor is timely in his responses to the COVID situation, so my state isn't in jeopardy of scarce health resources, the one shortage I worry most about.

All in all, I feel pretty lucky. Yes

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37957 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I have three big light fixture jobs lined up, but I can't get most of the fixtures until October. Mad

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34973 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
To be fair, I did have one good experience.

There was to be a local classical music concert on the pavilion near my home. Those sling chairs suck and hurt my back.

I was looking for old school webbed lawn chairs like my parents had..the ones from chains are made in China and get terrible reviews (fail after one use!).

So I ordered from a US company in Florida that makes the chairs I remember...They are on Amazon but I looked them up online and ordered direct (I figured it would save them some fees.)

Chairs came as ordered just as I expected, free shipping...Concert was canceled due to tropical storm. facepalm

But still now I have a pair of light weight chairs I can throw in the car or carry to events. Lawn Chair USA even has frames for sale if you want to web your own, and repair kits for chairs that need help...Just like the old days...Use, repair, reinvent. Love them!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
The thing that bugs me is hearing "but COVID...." as the excuse for bureaucratic delays for processes that are driven by people, not supply chain issues. We've been dealing with COVID for almost 16 months (!) so far. You'd think people would have figured out how to modify their processes so they continued to function. A bit of a lag is understandable. But things like passport processing, visas, DMV licenses, etc., are now "on hold" for over a year.

Posts: 35382 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Remember my Koehler toilet that was supposed to take 12 weeks?

It showed up ten weeks early.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed, I can't think of things that have been on huge delay. But, I haven't been ordering much.

Posts: 45751 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Minute Maid Zero Sugar Lemonade has been hard to come by. But that's been 18 months or so.

I am having some demo work done in my basement but have instructed the guys to save the studs as they are still too expensive. When I finished the basement I did it all with screws not nails so it should be pretty easy.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13562 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post