well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Ukraine again ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ukraine again ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
Suicide Drone attack on refinery

Does show how vulnerable big infrastructure is. We need to be learning from this.

Russia is clearly not protecting its big-ticket items if Ukraine can send two drones, in broad daylight, long distances to crash into a refinery deep inside Russia.

The guys observing this are all casual until "holy **** ..."

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
What can you do to protect drone attacks on oil refineries? Use rubber projectiles that are massive enough to crash a drone but won’t puncture potentially explosive infrastructure if you miss and hit the oil refinery instead? Bubble gum projectile that can jam the drone’s rotting blades?

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
You can detect the drone before it crosses the border and take it down with a projectile that costs a lot less than the target it's about to hit. Takes an integrated radar/targeting system. I think Israel has some experience with this ...

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post