well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Joe Walsh talks about the late Rush Limbaugh

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Walsh talks about the late Rush Limbaugh
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Rush Limbaugh Leaves Behind a Conservative Movement No Longer Interested in Truth. That Alarms Me as a Conservative

https://time.com/5915574/rush-limbaugh-dies-legacy/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37673 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Good riddance.

Lamebrain spawned an entire generation of right-wing nuttery, each one trying to out nuttery the last.

He was enabled by Reagan killing the Fairness Doctrine. Not as much the "equal time" part as the stipulation that anyone broadcasting on the public airwaves must operate in the public interest. Spewing hate, misinformation and disinformation is not in the public interest.

I once heard that Lamebrain actually got his start as a left-wing talk show host, but he quickly figured out that that market was saturated and he could make a lot more money by switching sides.

Few people have done so much to destroy American democracy.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30027 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I am from a town an hour south of Limbaugh's home town, Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Was told that for amusement when he was a high school student Rush would call poor elderly people after the ice storms that hit the town of steep hills. He would tell the people that if they went to a certain church the church had money for them. He would then watch the people arrive at the church and pay the cabbie only to learn there was no money. Anything for laughs, huh?

When I was farming the tractor drivers would listen to the radio all day. The Black farmhands realized when Rush began his right wing show that he as all about hate.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25664 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
To paraphrase Bette Davis: "You should never say bad things about the dead, only good… Rush Limbaugh is dead. Good."

Posts: 25664 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
To quote Rush Limbaugh himself, remarking on the death of Jerry Garcia:

“Another fat addict has gone toes up.”

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34809 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Tough crowd ...

Wink

Posts: 12478 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Delicious sarcasm

This post had Matt Yglesias uttering "well done."

Posts: 12478 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Limbaugh celebrated the deaths of gay men from Aids on his radio show.

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
To quote Rush Limbaugh himself, remarking on the death of Jerry Garcia:

“Another fat addict has gone toes up.”
Heh. In the few articles I have had the stomach to read, none has mentioned Lamebrain's drug addiction and his utterly hypocritical (public) presentation of it.

Just one more way in which he was a horrible person.

One commenter pointed out that Rush's nasty comments about Michael J. Fox's uncontrollable movements due to Parkinson's enabled I-1 to mock a disabled journalist -- and get cheered for it.

Just one more way in which he was a horrible person.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30027 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
There is a little less hate in the world with his passing. Good fing riddance. Awful man.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17665 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Buh-bye, Rush.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13770 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Michael Smerconish's opening comments today:

https://www.smerconish.com/exc...s-complicated-legacy

Rosenwald's book might be worth a look...

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37673 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post