well-temperedforum.groupee.net
As If Seized by Some Invisible Hand

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/9923984697

15 October 2021, 12:06 PM
Piano*Dad
As If Seized by Some Invisible Hand
No, not about Adam Smith ...

Hard to believe we don't know just a tad more about this than the article implies. Easy to believe that the Trump administration preferred to bury the information.

What to do?
15 October 2021, 01:35 PM
Nina
Wow, that is beyond creepy. I've heard mention of the Havana Syndrome but hadn't really understood what it was until I read this article.

This is one of the worst side-effects of our highly politicized world now. It will be virtually impossible to conduct an unbiased analysis of what this is, and what might be causing it. Some people will point out that it happened during the Trump administration, it was "the Russians," and will be done with their analysis right then and there. Others will say that the Biden administration is throwing Trump under the bus, and point to that flawed JASON study as "proof" that Trump/Putin or honestly anything that happened in 2018 was to blame, other than the sound of crickets (ironic, eh?)

In the meantime, we are floundering in the dark and the affected individuals are suffering.
15 October 2021, 02:48 PM
CHAS
Doubt there is much of a treatment available.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

15 October 2021, 06:26 PM
Piano*Dad
Hard to treat something whose cause you can't identify.

There may be a vaccination, however. Well, sort of a vaccination. Shut down some power plants in Omsk until something goes boom ... to get Putin's attention. Either that or deploy a similar microwave process at the Russian embassy in DC until we hospitalize a few diplomats. Our usual approach is tap the Russian foreign secretary on the proverbial shoulder and politely say "pretty please, would you consider not doing this again and perhaps offer some compensation to the people you harmed." That causes some chuckles around the vodka table in Moscow.