well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Inbox Infinity

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/9831059266

09 January 2019, 06:12 PM
Steve Miller
Inbox Infinity
Stop answering your emails.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

09 January 2019, 06:20 PM
Bernard
I must be doing something right, I only get a handful of messages a day in my personal email.

My work email is busier and it would be irresponsible to not read messages, but I have folders for every client so after appropriate action, all my inbox messages get sent to an appropriate folder.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

09 January 2019, 06:33 PM
CHAS
I am a big fan of Unsubscribe.
It keeps my email carp down

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

09 January 2019, 09:37 PM
Steve Miller
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
I am a big fan of Unsubscribe.
It keeps my email l carp down.

In my experience, “Mark as spam” is a lot more efficient than “Unsubscribe”.

I use it ruthlessly.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

09 January 2019, 10:11 PM
jodi
Unsubscribe hasn’t done diddly squat for my inbox, I still get the stupid emails.

Smiler Jodi

10 January 2019, 12:25 AM
RealPlayer
One idea, which I haven't fully implemented yet, is: If there's a business I want to get emails from (sales, etc.) establish a secondary email address just for that stuff. Then the promo stuff doesn't clutter up the inbox for important stuff.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

10 January 2019, 10:02 AM
QuirtEvans
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
One idea, which I haven't fully implemented yet, is: If there's a business I want to get emails from (sales, etc.) establish a secondary email address just for that stuff. Then the promo stuff doesn't clutter up the inbox for important stuff.

I have tried that idea in the past, but it isn't really workable (for me, anyway). I don't juggle multiple email addresses well enough.
10 January 2019, 10:05 AM
jon-nyc
I don't have this problem anymore.

But I remember it well.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

10 January 2019, 12:06 PM
Nina
I have a junk email account that I always use when I'm asked for an email account in order to do anything where I don't want further contact. My daughter was shopping around for car insurance awhile back, and I had her use my junk email (and a fake phone #) in order to get the "free" web quote. It worked to perfection. So many things seem to be there primarily in order to harvest your email, so they can have my junk email. I keep my two "real" accounts fairly clean. Yes, I have a clean personal account and a professional/business account. The personal account is necessary because if I were to ever switch jobs or retire, I will lose that business account.