well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Thanksgiving
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanksgiving
 Login/Join

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Early dinner with daughter and her nuclear bunch.

There was ham for the carnivores and, for the first time, my daughter found a fake-meat alternative turkey. Made from seitan. It was weird. I normally like seitan but this was molded into a firm round shape to be sliced; it even had some sort of "stuffing" molded into it.

Also gravy, mashed potatoes, marinated garlicky red peppers that my son-in-law excels at making. And wine.

It was a nice gathering. At Christmas they come over to our place.

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
It sounds like a great meal (although at first I thought of mold, n., lol).

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
We were housebound (is this a word?) because of nuisance health problems.

Roommate's sister brought us traditional dinner leftovers.

The next day his mother bought us basically the same meal. She and her sister didn't like the stuffing and remade the whole meal. Lol.

Roommate forgot their pecan pie in his mother's refrigerator at some point.

This is probably for the best because we didn't need it.

His mother is a baker and Christmas is coming.

She has a list of cakes and other deserts she bakes for Christmas.

Her stuff is unreal. I'll have to resist temptation because I love sugar.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

Turkey salad and/or cold turkey sandwiches on sourdough on the menu soon...gobble, gobble...

And we bid a fond farewell to the last of the turkey... Curried turkey salad with raisins, celery, apples, pecans, and mayo on homemade sourdough.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post