well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What are you watching..Indie Docs

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you watching..Indie Docs
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
I have had it with broadcast tv so have been trolling wonderful films online.

The BBC has an online festival called Longshots. So far, my fav is the "Kiosk" about a news stand in Paris.

Aljazeera has a lovely doc about Polish refugees from WWII who were sent to Siberia, Iran and then to Tanzania! Who knew! Lovely. Memory in Our Homeland

What are you watching?

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I love watching the documentaries. Lately I've been watching "Real Life with Lisa Ling," which is on netflix (I think). Watched the Obama documentary (the 3 part-er), which was bittersweet. My biggest takeaway was how unique he is, and that uniqueness is probably what allowed him to be elected POTUS. He remains a fascinating person to me.

Posts: 35382 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post