well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Radical Candor

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Radical Candor
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
Kevin Williamson

"And there you have it: That’s 700 words. Cut my check."

Yep, he writes a full 700 word op-ed mimicking the usual journalistic style about a political challenger -- to Matt Gaetz in this case. And then the fun begins!

He offers some "radical candor" (a B-School term he mocks) about the complete moral and ethical mess our "conservative" party has become.

Damn fine writing, too. Trigger warning! Big Grin

Posts: 12758 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Well that was a fun read! Definitely worth a few minutes. Now I'm going to go stick my head out the window and scream.

Posts: 35428 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yes, we live in "interesting" times, when a rapist will get over 75m votes, and where 17% of voters polled think Biden was responsible for the end of Roe v. Wade ...

NY Times poll

Posts: 12758 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
A good read. Sent it to two friends.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25850 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Ugh, I'll have to come back to this later (since I'm not in the mood for a good scream at the moment.... -_-

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18859 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
It's largely the Democrats' self-made nightmare. Biden should have been a one and done with someone stronger put up for this year.

Reminds me of Bin Laden's comments about people preferring the strong horse to the weak horse. In this case weak and weaker, but the comparison stands.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13649 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
It's largely the Democrats' self-made nightmare. …
Wait … what’s your logic for blaming the “Gaetz vs. Dimmock” situation on the Democrats?

Posts: 12732 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post