well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    5 miles from my house

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

5 miles from my house
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
4 dead.

Frowner

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34795 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I thought about you when I saw that news report. I'm so sorry such a thing happened in your community.

What's happening to us that this kind of violence has become so common?

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15496 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
I was just reading a CNN article enumerating the 20 mass shootings that occurred since the Atlanta Spa attack, and lo and behold top of the list is the Orange shooting.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/01...ings-trnd/index.html

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12675 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Frowner

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25656 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
*hug*

Close to home.

But 5000 miles should be too close to home.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30027 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
How terrible,. Steve! So sorry,.

What may be worst be that no place,. no demographic,. seems safe,. Certainly not from anyone with a high-power,. long-range gun,. (thinking Las Vegas,.)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
There was a guy on the local Facebook page last night. He was very concerned because members of his family were in that office during that time. He couldn’t get in touch with them.

Broke my heart.

Posts: 34795 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Steve.

Posts: 24602 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
I was just reading a CNN article enumerating the 20 mass shootings that occurred since the Atlanta Spa attack, and lo and behold top of the list is the Orange shooting.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/01...ings-trnd/index.html

Frowner

Posts: 24602 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
There but for the grace of God...

There is nowhere that can be considered totally safe. When I hear a report of a shooting or stabbing on the local news, I sometimes recall when I was in that particular neighborhood or on that street at some earlier time. It makes me wonder if I won't always be so lucky.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7365 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I sometimes wonder the same thing. I can’t imagine what it’s like to live in a country where there is widespread armed conflict going on all the time.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I drove by the crime scene today on the way to go do something else. The’ve blocked off the street both directions and there is an ambulance parked outside of the building.

Ambulance?

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big al:
There but for the grace of God...

There is nowhere that can be considered totally safe. When I hear a report of a shooting or stabbing on the local news, I sometimes recall when I was in that particular neighborhood or on that street at some earlier time. It makes me wonder if I won't always be so lucky.

Big Al

That's how I felt when I lived in Israel. Suicide bombings were very frequent then (note, they must be doing something right, as they are not now). The sound of loud explosions were not unusual (not always deliberate violence, of course but it was what we immediately thought of). I could frequently identify having recently been at the scene of a bombing.

Somehow it didn't prey on my mind, even though I had to take buses to and from school and my place of work - and buses were perhaps the most likely targets. (So many people could be gotten at once).

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post