well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    RIP Valerie Harper

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Valerie Harper
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Four-time Emmy winner Valerie Harper has died at 80 following a decade-long battle with cancer and a month-long stay in hospice care.

The New York-born star's family confirmed to ABC 7 Los Angeles she passed away at 10:06am on Friday, but the exact cause of death was 'not immediately disclosed.'

Harper previously informed her 311K social media followers she was 'in good spirits' and having 'a wonderful day' for her 80th birthday last Saturday.

Valerie was originally diagnosed with lung cancer in 2009 followed by brain cancer in 2013, and she had been given three months to live.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tv...y-battle-cancer.html

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38016 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear it. I admire her work.

RIP.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35004 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Me, too. RIP. Frowner

Posts: 35388 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
I know she had been in rough straits, health-wise, for many years. She was an incredibly talented actor, one who could create a persona so completely dissimilar to her own as to be practically forever associated with it.

I loved her portrayal of Rhoda, but always knew that the two of them were, at best, merely acquaintances.

[Insert Signature Here]

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Always liked her work. R.I.P.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13834 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post