well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Happy St. Pats!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy St. Pats!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Will you be havin’ corned beef and cabbage for supper tonight?

Sharon usually makes it but I’m doing the cookin’ until her hand gets better. She uses modern recipes that utilize either the crock pot or the instant pot. Being as I really can’t leave the room for long I decided on a traditional method that involves 5 hours in a 300 degree oven with additions along the way. Lots of ingredients, too.

Let’s see if we can tell the difference.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34880 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
While looking through recipes for corned beef I ran across recipes for “coddle”. I’ve never heard if it. Simple enough and now I want to try it.

Does anyone make it?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34880 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Love corned beef and cabbage, but we won't be having it tonight. My favorite way to make it is in the Instant Pot because it's so easy, foolproof, and delicious.

Our neighbor made corned beef sliders yesterday and shared some with us - they were really mini-Reubens. Slider buns (she used a brioche-ish bun but the recipe calls for King's Hawaiian slider buns), corned beef, sauerkraut, 1000 island dressing, and Swiss cheese. Num yummy! Definitely something to consider making with leftover corned beef.

They dyed the Chicago River green yesterday...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...icks-day/ar-BB1k0yrv

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37847 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
It wasn't just ST. Patrick's Day as I learned.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13536 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post