well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Sending sh*t through the mail.

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/9601034366

26 June 2019, 11:31 AM
jodi
Sending sh*t through the mail.
Literally. Big Grin (Cologuard collection kit) have any of you done this, instead of the traditional colonoscopy?

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

26 June 2019, 11:38 AM
RealPlayer
Thread title of the week! Big Grin

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

26 June 2019, 12:00 PM
Mikhailoh
Yep. had a feeling this might be about Cologuard.

Interesting company. I'm developing the interfaces for their Epic implementation this year. Very different type of implementation for a reference lab than a hospital. Lots of interesting challenges.

Like the product. Works for someone like me who is very low risk.

My one and only colonoscopy was unpleasant to say the least. They say you won't remember? I could give you a guided tour of my colon. Not to mention the gastro was running very late and blew me full of air resulting in the worst pain I have ever experienced. Agonizing for several hours.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

26 June 2019, 12:07 PM
Piano*Dad
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Yep. had a feeling this might be about Cologuard.

Interesting company. I've developing the interfaces for their Epic implementation this year. Very different type of implementation for a reference lab than a hospital. Lots of interesting challenges.

Like the product. Works for someone like me who is very low risk.

My one and only colonoscopy was unpleasant to say the least. They say you won't remember? I could give you a guided tour of my colon. Not to mention the gastro was running very late and blew me full of air resulting in the worst pain I have ever experienced. Agonizing for several hours.

Interesting. I felt nothing. Well, I don't remember feeling anything because, well, my memory of that hour was wiped.
26 June 2019, 12:07 PM
ShiroKuro
Ooh, I should do that. I'm pretty low risk. I wonder if my insurance will cover it...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

26 June 2019, 12:12 PM
jodi
My insurance covers it. You can only do it if you are low risk. I didn’t mind the colonoscopy procedure, the drugs were great. But the prep was terrible and you basically lose two days.

Smiler Jodi

26 June 2019, 12:13 PM
Axtremus
USPS, FedEx, UPS, or some other delivery service?

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

26 June 2019, 12:17 PM
ShiroKuro
Jodi, I assume a doctor makes the ultimate call re low risk or not? From what I read online I am, but I might be missing something.

26 June 2019, 12:24 PM
Piano*Dad
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
... I might be missing something.

Hmmmm. Maybe you're not low risk if you're ... ah ... missing something. Big Grin
26 June 2019, 01:32 PM
jodi
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
USPS, FedEx, UPS, or some other delivery service?

UPS

Smiler Jodi

26 June 2019, 01:46 PM
ShiroKuro
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
... I might be missing something.

Hmmmm. Maybe you're not low risk if you're ... ah ... missing something. Big Grin

???

Sorry, clueless here.

26 June 2019, 06:10 PM
pianojuggler
I just did the traditional procedure with the traditional prep.

The procedure was fine, but they used only propofol, no fentanyl or versed. I wonder if they stopped the fentanyl because of everything in the news about it.

I don't remember a thing. I just didn't have that ultra-relaxed doololly feeling like from the fentanyl.

This was my third one.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

26 June 2019, 08:18 PM
CHAS
Expecting a thread about junk mail.
Then the s*** got real. Smiler

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

26 June 2019, 08:42 PM
BeeLady
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:

Mine was horrible though I do not remember it..Apparently I was screaming in pain and they had to stop. I was given the option to wait 3 more days with no food to try again with anesthesia or stop and go thru the prep again.. I opted for the 3 day delay.

That was 12 years ago..haven't been able to bring myself to go thru that again. The issue was not my colon but a "womanzy thing" as my Dr referred to it...Endometriosis.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

26 June 2019, 08:48 PM
Nina
Mine was eventful, but not bad. I did the traditional thing, all was going fine but at some point the IV fell out (!). I'm not sure what they were giving me, but I do remember coming to and in a spacey state saying, "Am I supposed to be awake now"? They were startled but continued without reinserting the IV, as they were very close to the end (so to speak ha ha I crack myself up). Anyhow I remember feeling it but only that, no pain at all. Maybe I was still woozy from whatever they gave me. I'm due for another next year, I think.