well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I need to get busy putting together a cabinet!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need to get busy putting together a cabinet!
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
If Biden loses, the world ends.

But if he wins, he's gonna need a cabinet. We'd better get started!

Ambassador to the U.N.: Pete Buttigeg.
Interior Secretary: Steve Bullock
Attorney General: Stacey Abrams
Energy Secretary: Beto O'Rourke
Secretary of State: Susan Rice

Commerce, Education, Defense, Treasury, Agriculture, National Security, Labor, Homeland Security, Transportation, EPA, Veterans Affairs, HHS, HUD

I'm sorry, ElizabethW, you need to stay in the Senate.

And AmyK, you don't want one of these cabinet jobs. Senate is way more important.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
National Security Advisor: Alex Vindman

I’d be happy to have Mattis back as Secretary of Defense.

How about Attorney General Merrick Garland?

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Merrick Garland might be wearing one of the four new shiny sets of robes...

I might prefer Buttigieg at HUD or HHS.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
He'd probably prefer HUD. He needs to get better known/liked with the minority communities.

I think Lael Brainard will get Treasury.

Having said that, I'm worried about counting these chickens....

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I think Buttigieg should be in a new position - ambassador to the alternate reality of America. Spend every day appearing on Faux and radio to bring his calm, quiet questions and answers to combat the propaganda machines.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I think Sally Yates is the right choice for Attorney General. I'd put Stacy Abrams in HUD or Labor. Susan Rice for Secretary of State. Buttigieg could be Chief of Staff, if he wants it, or head of OMB. Bullock is Interior, but only if he loses his Senate race. I wouldn't put Beto anywhere, I think he's a poseur who doesn't actually put in the work.

I'd beg Colin Powell to be SecDef.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
If they want a Republican, Gates may still be available. He worked well with Biden before.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
I think Buttigieg should be in a new position - ambassador to the alternate reality of America. Spend every day appearing on Faux and radio to bring his calm, quiet questions and answers to combat the propaganda machines.

ThumbsUp

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
You're all wrong.

Put Justice, Commerce, Treasury, Labor, HHS, HUD, Education, Energy, Interior, and Agriculture all under Elizabeth Warren.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:

ThumbsUp

+1
And Cindysphinx for AG and Quirt for ?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Mayor Pete needs an outward facing role. He has his own political ambitions and COS isn't going to take him there. I would also like him to succeed in his political ambitions, because I think he's great. Beto might be a good COS because he's "in the room," but has little impact.

Bullock for interior is a great idea. AG Garland would be a great slap in the face of the GOP, but better as SCOTUS if they decide to increase the size of the court.

Education: Kathy Hoffman or Pedro Rivera both intrigue me. Both would help undo DeVos' "legacy."

Energy: maybe Bill Richardson the Sequel? Or Podesta, or maybe Jay Inslee. Or maybe Al Gore Evil

SOS: Susan Rice seems obvious to me

DOD: less sure here, but it would be great to have Tammy Duckworth involved somehow.

Treasury: I'll wait for P*D and jon_nyc's endorsements Wink

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Patty Murray for Ed. She was a preschool teacher before running for a US Senate seat. Jay Inslee would name a Democrat to replace her and it would give someone a few years in position before having to run again.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Think there's any room for someone like Kasich?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Politico on possible Cabinet picks.

https://www.politico.com/news/...sible-choices-433431

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I don't see no stinkin' names on that Politico article, just subheads....?

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post