well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Last Dance

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last Dance
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
Last Dance is the Michael Jordan story, on ESPN or Hulu.

As a non-basketball fan, I am loving it. I know some names of the stars from the 80s and 90s, but it was never my thing. But the interviews with the players, coaches, managers, and best of all the parents are fascinating.

So far, the most interesting thing is where some of the players came from. Just some hard scrabble college no one has heard of. I doubt that an happen now.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I don't know the stats, but I think you're correct about the concentration of talent at the blue blood schools. Fewer stars come from little places like Centenary College (Robert Parish) or Indiana State (Larry Bird). Yes, people like Steph Curry played at little Davidson, but I would bet fewer do than in the past. And Davidson is hardly a hardscrabble kind of place. Big Grin

Michael Jordan played for UNC while I was in graduate school ten miles up the road at Duke. I got to watch him play over that time period. He had stardom written all over him. Cheering for a UNC player was impossible, of course, but you had to smile at his great plays.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Talent on loan from God.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13560 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I remember somebody on Duke's team talking last year about Zion Williamson. He said something like, "you know, all of us got an extra helping of DNA. That's why we're here. But Zion got two."

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I grew up in Illinois, and was a huge fan of Michael Jordan and the Bulls back then. I don't follow basketball at all these days. And I rarely watch TV but I would love to see this! I'm guessing it's not free though, right?
/cheapskate

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18528 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
It is free on ESPN.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post