well-temperedforum.groupee.net
The Census

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/9453940497

18 March 2020, 07:17 PM
pianojuggler
The Census
We got a thing in the mail. Mrs pj went online and completed our census questionnaire. I didn't see it. Apparently, the only questions were "how many people live at this address?" and "what is their race and ethnic/national origin?"

Sounds like a Stephen Miller thing.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

18 March 2020, 07:26 PM
wtg
The census website says it takes 10 minutes to fill out, which sounds like more than 2 questions.

I haven’t logged in yet to fill ours out.

Will get back to u shortly

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

18 March 2020, 07:43 PM
wtg
It asked who lives in the house, their names and birth dates, their marital status, whether they are male or female, whether they own the home, and their race and ethnicity.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

18 March 2020, 07:47 PM
ShiroKuro
I was surprised at how short it was.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

19 March 2020, 08:56 AM
big al
I was too.

In fact, a lot of information is now collected by other survey methods, particularly the American Community Survey.

If you're curious, here is a link to a page at the Census Bureau with links to every US census starting in 1790.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

19 March 2020, 05:56 PM
Amanda
Do they ask your preferred pronouns? Big Grin

(Haven't gotten mine yet).

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

19 March 2020, 08:36 PM
big al
No. The choice of sex is binary - male or female.

For anyone who hasn't logged in to answer the census questions, here they are.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

20 March 2020, 01:33 PM
Nina
I don't think we've gotten our census stuff... or we threw it out in a coronavirus induced frenzy inadvertently.