well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Need to evangelize a recipe

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need to evangelize a recipe
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
This is so good. I substituted Parmesan for the kasseri cheese. Also I've made it with regular pasta as well as multi-grain, so whatever is on hand is fine.

I make a double batch (easier to buy 1lb of lamb). It freezes very well.

You'll easily get 5 meals for 2 out of it.

https://www.bonappetit.com/rec...und-lamb-and-kasseri

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33811 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Yum!

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15554 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
We've made a lamb ragu from the NYT Magazine.

I might use a pound of lamb in that recipe instead of 1/2 pound. But I just like ground lamb!

How big a butternut squash did you use. I usually see monster 3 pound behemoths in the store.

Posts: 12758 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I'm still eating it out of the freezer from a fall batch so it's been a while since I made it. I'm sure I kept the squash reasonably close to what they ask for just to maintain the balance. Keep in mind though I double the recipe.

You roast the squash separately so you can just keep the extra in the fridge for another day. Or buy the pre-cut stuff.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33811 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Looks great.

We love lamb; I make pastitsio every so often. With that nice thick layer of bechamel on top it's not as healthy as jon's recipe but it sure is tasty.

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38206 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
That looks delicious.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thanks
I plan to try that.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25845 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
This looks great. I love lamb, and I love butternut squash! Thanks, Jon.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9851 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post