well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Farewell, Sarah
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Farewell, Sarah
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Sarah Sanders is leaving the White House as press secretary, President Trump said Thursday on Twitter.

Trump said Sanders would be leaving after more than three years at the White House, and that he hoped she would run for governor of Arkansas.

After 3 1/2 years, our wonderful Sarah Huckabee Sanders will be leaving the White House at the end of the month and going home to the Great State of Arkansas....
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 13, 2019

....She is a very special person with extraordinary talents, who has done an incredible job! I hope she decides to run for Governor of Arkansas - she would be fantastic. Sarah, thank you for a job well done!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 13, 2019

https://thehill.com/homenews/a...to-leave-white-house

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37955 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
More than three years at the White House? He's been in office for less than 2-1/2 years.

Posts: 45750 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Seems like 20 to me...

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Seems like 20 to me...

Big Grin

May she get 86ed for years to come ...

Posts: 12541 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Buh bye you horrible person

Posts: 35380 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
happydance

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
In an administration full of liars, Sanders was a distinguished, acclaimed liar.

Erik Wemple, WaPo

Posts: 12541 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:
Seems like 20 to me...

Big Grin

She’s an excellent liar. She’ll end up at Fox or in politics.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:
Seems like 20 to me...

Big Grin

She’s an excellent liar. She’ll end up at Fox or in politics.

I'd imagine Fox News is her first stop. Her husband and her kids live in the metro DC area, don't they? They have three kids under the age of 10. They'd have to do a pretty big relocation for her to run for governor in Arkansas.

Plus, the next time there's an election for governor in Arkansas is 2022. (Asa Hutchinson will be term limited and unable to run for re-election, so that would be her shot.)

Posts: 45750 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
As Nina said: Buh-bye.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13816 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
David Frum:

There's something quite beautiful about Trump bidding farewell to Sarah Sanders with a false statement about her length of service

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Typifies the whole administration, and the new norm in American life. We're the dishonest nation ...

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I think this was an example of his imprecise language and phrasing.

I *think* what he was trying to say is that she is leaving the White House, and that she worked with Himself for 3 1/2 years (2 1/2 in the White House and a year on the campaign).

Problem is when someone with this lack of verbal precision goes to negotiate a deal with KJU .... between the him and the English/Korean translation, who knows what kind of deal we'd get?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37955 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I don’t think this kind of error is a big deal, any more than Obama’s ‘57 states’. I do this kind of thing daily.

I just thought Frum’s comment was funny.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
David Frum:

There's something quite beautiful about Trump bidding farewell to Sarah Sanders with a false statement about her length of service

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post