well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Let's Say Goodbye to Donald, Shall We?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's Say Goodbye to Donald, Shall We?
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
I think sometimes the best thing you can do to put trauma behind you is to talk about it openly, among friends. Maybe this would be a good time to list all of awful things that have happened during the last four years because of Trump.

To make it challenging, no googling. Let's do it by memory. Extra points if it is something that we've all forgotten about because there have been so many other awful things since.

I'll go first:

1. Producing a big stack of empty folders to convince everyone his sons would run the family business and he would keep his hand out of it.

2. Appointing Omorosa to, well, anything.

3. Coming thiiiiis close to starting a war with Iran when they shot down our drone.

4. Calling leader of North Korea "Little Rocket Man" when we learned he had the capability to send a rocket to the U.S.

5. World leaders of Canada, France, and Britain in a circle at a cocktail party laughing at Trump.

6. Responding to the California Campfire wildfire that killed 80 people by saying the people there didn't rake the forest enough.

7. Demanding that Comey be loyal to him.

8. Starting an investigation into the three million fraudulent votes that cost him the popular vote.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Honoring Rush Limberger with a medal.

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
1. Pardoning Joe Arpaio

2. Getting into a hissy fit argument with Australian PM Turnbull over Obama's refugee settlement treaty in his first month in office, hanging up the phone on him when he (Turnbull) refused to say Obama's treaty was poorly done. Foreshadowed the next 4 years.

3. Trump hawking his steaks (does it count if it was before he was POTUS?)

4. Refusing to address Khashoggi's murder with the Saudis (or anyone, for that matter)

5. Trump discovers the existence of Frederick Douglass, says Douglass has done "an amazing job"

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
1. Insulting the Khans, a Gold Star family.

2. Betsy DeVos. I always thought she was the trial balloon. She was utterly unqualified and incompetent, a horrible human being, and had an extreme one-issue agenda. She was confirmed easily. I think I-1 saw that as the green light to nominate a long string of unqualified loyalists, people who were either executives in or lobbyists for the industries they were going to regulate, and people with similar agendas to destroy the country. Like that twit, Pruitt, at interior (the one who told his secretary to try to buy a used mattress from I-1's hotel), Rick Perry ("huh? I in charge of everything nuclear now???"), Flynn, and dozens more.

3. Having Ivanka literally keeping his seat warm at ... what was that the G7 summit?

4. They held the airports during the Civil War. Ruh???

5. Kids in cages. Families separated. Some 500 kids still separated, and in many cases no way to reconnect them with their parents.

6. Pardoning Roger Stone.

7. Bill Barr. 'Nuff said? The man is corruption personified.

8. Forcing the Secret Service to spend thousands -- maybe millions -- at I-1's properties. And the same while the Secret Service were protecting his spawn.

9. The helicopters over DC Chinatown.

10. Tear-gassing peaceful protesters in Lafayette Square.

11. "Fine people on both sides." Literally calling neo-nazis "fine people".

12. Fast food for Clemson. "Hamberders".

13. Gorsuch.

14. Kavanaugh.

15. Coney-whazzername.

16. Selling off National Parks.

17. Off-shore drilling in California, but not Florida within view of Maralago.

18. Tossing paper towels in Puerto Rico. Deliberately mis-pronouncing it "Porto Rico".

19. So much golf.

20. "NATO doesn't pay us their membership fees." Ruh???

21. Hiring a father-and-son outfit from Whitefish Montana to rebuild the power grid in Puerto Rico.

22. Outbidding states for ventilators and PPE, commandeering ventilators and PPE, and sending them to states that voted for him.

23. Calling any woman who stands up to him "nasty".

24. Continually disparaging the legitimate, honest media.

25. Stephen Miller. 'Nuff said?

26. Sarah Huckleberry Sanders.

27. Offering up his flea-ridden club in Miami for the next G-7 summit.

28. "Pocahontas".

29. Giving Jared a security clearance that he otherwise would never have been granted.

30. Whatever he did or threatened to do to the head of the GSA to get him to declare that the contract for the Old Post Office site that I-1 had already rewritten and violated the terms of, that clearly violated the Emoluments Clause, all that, was just hunky-dory. It was another early victory to convince I-1 that he could get away with anything.

I'm sure I'll think of more, but I'm already getting queasy thinking about it.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
1. Pissing on our foreign allies.

2. Cozying up to dictators.

3. Moving funds from congressionally approved budgets to build the damn wall.

4. Implementing those stupid tariffs on Chinese products. They hurt farmers, and then he tried to buy back their support with subsidies. And prices on all kinds of things went up with corporations and/or consumers eating the increased costs. All the time proclaiming about the billions pouring into the US Treasury.

As a sidebar, the Chinese economy is on the upswing despite COVID and those tariffs, nonsense, and noise. Funny how that worked out.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
31. Mrs pj sez "Muslim ban".

Maybe that just goes under "Stephen Miller".

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
AMF

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Changing path of hurricane with a Sharpie.

Space Force.

Standing in the doorway of Air Force One and saying "No" when asked whether he knew about hush money to Stormy Daniels, even though the check bears his signature.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
32. Telling the newly-elected leader of Ukraine that they can have our support (and, if I recall, some military hardware), but we needs a little favor... dig up some dirt on my presumed-opponent's son's dealings in your country.

May I-1 always be remembered as the third president in U.S. history to be impeached.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
33. Refusing to visit the graves of the Americans who died in WWII on the 75th Anniversary of D-Day because he didn't want to muss up his hair. Then lying about it.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
34 - 36. Destroying the careers of the Alex Vindman, Yevgeny Vindman, and Maria Yovanovich. (Perhaps Biden will reinstate Yovanovich as ambassador to Ukraine.)

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
37. Anything and everything to do with q anon.

38. Especially that guy who showed up to the pizza place in Dupont Circle and fired a few rounds into the ceiling when he was looking for the sex-dungeon full of children in a building that doesn't even have a basement.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Getting on the phone with the president of Mexico and asking him to pay for the wall.

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
LOLOLOLOL

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post