well-temperedforum.groupee.net
What do you think of this house?

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/9363919497

14 August 2021, 08:53 PM
AdagioM
What do you think of this house?
Good luck, Steve! What an adventure!

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

15 August 2021, 02:20 PM
Steve Miller
We made an offer. HairRaising

Life is short. Play with your dog.

15 August 2021, 05:19 PM
ShiroKuro
ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy

That has got to be nerve-wracking in this market!!!

Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. so the video tour went well? Any more details to share?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

15 August 2021, 05:41 PM
jodi
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Hope you can add a little color to the insides…

Mrs. Miller is on the job!

ThumbsUp

Smiler Jodi

15 August 2021, 05:44 PM
Steve Miller
Video tour went well but there were a couple of surprises.

The interior of the house looks great in the pictures but it will have to be painted. Maybe not the ceiling, but certainly everything else. Mrs. Miller is OK with this as she wants to use more colors. It could be cleaner, but that's an easy fix. Neither one of use like the gray backsplash with the countertop - also an easy fix. Ceilings are very high even in the bedrooms. 10'? Nice.

The basement is not fully finished like the listing says. It's only half finished, and as one big room. I think it's fine that way but was expecting a lot more finished space. Upside is that there is rough-in plumbing for a basement bathroom already in place, which was something I wanted. The basement ceiling is also some 10' above the floor, which is not common. There is no musty smell and no evidence of water intrusion. With the number of record breaking storms they've had this month I was pretty happy to see this.

The garage is as tight as I feared but very tall (13'?) with a finished ceiling. Plenty of room to build storage up high. There is a heater in the garage which might be nice if it gets really cold.

We tweaked the price a bit to pay for the paint and offered everything else they wanted. Even at list price it looks like a good deal so we may be doing some haggling.

15 August 2021, 07:23 PM
ShiroKuro
Sounds good all in all!!! Fingers crossed for you!!!!!!!

16 August 2021, 08:46 PM
Steve Miller
Our offer was accepted. Looks like we’re moving! ThumbsUp

16 August 2021, 10:59 PM
wtg
Congratulations!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

17 August 2021, 07:36 AM
QuirtEvans
Good,for you!
17 August 2021, 09:11 AM
ShiroKuro
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Our offer was accepted. Looks like we’re moving! ThumbsUp

happydance happydance happydance

17 August 2021, 05:45 PM
wtg
Inspection next?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

18 August 2021, 01:26 AM
kluurs
What wonderful news! Congratulations!
18 August 2021, 01:43 AM
Steve Miller
Our counter to their counter was accepted. Escrow opens tomorrow.

Inspection Friday. We’re using the same company that inspected the lake house. They were excellent!

One showing on this house done and six more scheduled between now and Friday. Open house this weekend. Thank goodness I won’t be here - I don’t have many more places to take the dog.

18 August 2021, 02:13 AM
jodi
Congratulations, Steve! Out house has super tall ceilings, garage included, I really like that, it makes the house feel much bigger than it is, and allows for a lot of storage in the garage (but my truck doesn’t fit in there either).

Smiler Jodi

19 August 2021, 10:26 AM
Mikhailoh
We have both Sea Salt (gorgeous) and Accessible Beige (not as happy with that) in our house. Honestly, unless you need the yellow cast I would swap out AB for Agreeable Gray. Nice light warm gray. I find the AB a bit depressing.

But the house looks great, and needs essentially nothing but paint.

To assess the sales history I would look at what she paid for it in 2019 and how much it went up since then. That could be a big factor in her decision.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch