well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A New Job Assignment for Me

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A New Job Assignment for Me
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
Tomorrow morning, I am report to the farm to teach the young farm team how to ....

use a chainsaw! Smokin'

Have I said how much I LOVE my job? Big Grin

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Tell them, point number 1 (and 3, 5, 7, etc): This thing wants to kill you and it is perfectly capable of doing so.

Besides that, COOL!

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
Tell them, point number 1 (and 3, 5, 7, etc): This thing wants to kill you and it is perfectly capable of doing so.

Besides that, COOL!

Yup...I think I was chosen because of my age and experience...but I have a chain saw story that includes EMS that I plan to share..

I see it like swimming...looks like fun, but one wrong move could kill you.

I had sent a list of safety gear required..I got a "I think we have that" response... facepalm

I stocked my car...

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I did not figure you for the chainsaw type. You are full of surprises!

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21352 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Don't forget your mask.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
lol Chas

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Funny - we own a gigantic chain saw that I am afraid to touch-- that thing is 100% Mr. Lisa's department! But the other day, I had some bushes I needed to prune (i.e. cut to the ground because they had gotten WAY out of control!) and my neighbor offered to loan me her battery powered chain saw. It was a little Makita thing powered off 2 drill batteries. It was so easy to use and so much easier than anything else I've ever used to cut down bushes - These things each had several trunks that were maybe 3-4" in diameter and while previously I have used a good old fashioned bow saw and it would have taken me at least an hour, I was done in like 2 minutes with the chain saw and it was super fun! Now I'm looking around for other things in my yard that might need "pruning"!

Posts: 4408 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I am with you, Lisa. My old place was 4 acres of woods so a chainsaw was needed after storms.

This was a microburst in this part of town. We were not the only victims.

Today went very well. The saw they had was very tiny, finicky but the one guy on our team (we only have 3 male employees Big Grin) had a blast...I did have to stop him from running along the field with the saw going!!! HairRaising

We made short work of clearing a path for the truck and the tractor. To the right of the photo below are our new crops, so no driving there! The tree service is coming tomorrow to do the rest, on order from the management of the office building you see..the trees came from their side. They have been wonderful.

MillCityGrows.org

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
We used to have an electric chain saw, bought after a storm, but we hardly ever used it. So we donated it to the church to use during Christmas tree sales season. All good! I’m sure I could borrow it back if I needed to...it’s really fun to use one, cautiously!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Pictures?

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post