Notify
Tools

Oops
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
I went for a walk last night.

I didn't notice the fashion statement until I was a couple of blocks from home.

Fortunately, I didn't run into anyone I know. But I did get some odd looks from strangers I passed....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37955 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12693 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oppsies!

Happens to the best of us!!

I have regular eyeglasses and computer/piano eyeglasses, and I'll sometimes get up from my desk or from piano practice, and be doing something else and can't figure out why I can't see. Then I have to touch the stems (one pair has a design that bumps up, the other doesn't) to figure out which ones I'm wearing. You'd think I'd know which ones, given that it's an inability to see that triggers the process. But no, every time, I touch the stems and am surprised by what I find!

suave

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18545 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Oppsies!

I have regular eyeglasses and computer/piano eyeglasses, and I'll sometimes get up from my desk or from piano practice, and be doing something else and can't figure out why I can't see. Then I have to touch the stems (one pair has a design that bumps up, the other doesn't) to figure out which ones I'm wearing. You'd think I'd know which ones, given that it's an inability to see that triggers the process. But no, every time, I touch the stems and am surprised by what I find!

suave

I do this, too. I can tell which glasses I’m wearing. . . only by touch? and the fact that I can’t see!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
I've done that - and just as noticeable - to anyone but me, the wearer. I got all the way to work - but being a little OCD, I had an extra pair of shoes at work that I could change into.

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Oppsies!

suave

I do this, too. I can tell which glasses I’m wearing. . . only by touch? and the fact that I can’t see!

I sometimes have a similar problem. I no longer wear glasses regularly since my cataract surgery corrected my vision to near 20/20, but I still resort to a mild pair of reading glasses for small print or poor light. Sometimes I walk away from where I'm reading and then realize that I'm not seeing as well as I would expect. A pass of the hand to the face serves to confirm that I forgot to take off the reading glasses when I stood up.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7413 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Glad I'm not the only one with eyeglasses challenges!
WhoMe

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18545 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post